38 - Daddy's Girl

Clara POV

Days went bye without any word from Kelvin. Yes, she walked away but what choice did she have, he had made his choice.

Sighing she turned to the window, she was back to square one. Broken  hurt and lonely, she spent most time she had with Aaron, as the day went by he constantly made her remember the man that she left behind.

Then there was this mysterious calls she has been getting.

"Clara"

She swirled her chair to find who entered her office without knocking.

"Dad?"

"Yes, dear"

"You didn't tell me you would come"

"Yes,  I wanted to surprise and see if the rumours were true"

"What rumors?"

" Come over" he patted the side of his chair, she walked over laying her head on his shoulder. It been a while she did this.

"You know I love you"

"Yes dad"

"Talk to me what got you tensed, what made you turn your emotions off?"

She tensed at the question, why did he have to be observant, she cursed Alicia for her big mouth and herself for putting down her guard.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to" he said stroking her hair.

"it's complicated and a long story"

"I have got all the time"

"You won't think am crazy, you promise"

"You scaring what happened "

That was all the encouragement she needed to pour out her heart to him. She told him everything from their encounter to their relationship, well that is if it was it at all. He listened without interruption, till she was done.

"Say something dad"

"Wow you have been through a lot. I honestly don't know what to say. You are one strong woman I know and am proud to be your father. Take time off work, Go do something fun. Hiding behind work won't help you heal,  it's only suspending your healing process."

"I can't leave work, I. I"

"Shh, you are making excuses give yourself a month off without Aaron. Go discover yourself again, bring that smile you have that brightens the place"

"What if I don't find it" she whispered.

"At least you tried you didn't give up on yourself."

"Thankyou"

"Welcome dear"

Both stayed quiet each in deep thought. Clara couldn't find anything that would bring her happiness, but she decided to keep it to herself.

"I won't be getting any grand child or children right? "

"No.. " she tried telling herself than him.

"Hey, it's okay I won't judge you are still married to him, plus you guys make handsome children look at Aaron."

That made her blush deeper. "No you won't be getting any"

"So disappointing, I thought I would seeing as you have gained weight"

"Dad!"

"Alright, I was joking come have dinner with us sometimes, your mum misses you.

"I will"

The question she had kept at the back of her mind was nagging at her. Could she be, she didn't want to consider it. She shook her head riding her mind of such thoughts.
Her phone rang thinking it was her father she picked it without looking at the caller ID.

"What did you forget?"

"Hello Clara, it seems you haven't gotten my message clear."

She looked at the screen the number was unknown, the same number that had been threatening her.

"Please I think you have the wrong number."

"Don't you dear hang up, I know you have been seeing him. Stop it, if you want to live"

"Look I won't take this threats against I would report you"

"Hahahahahaha you don't have evidence. If I see you a foot closer to Kelvin you will end up dead, but Ivan so generous that I will give you a choice as to die."

"You are sick, I have seen him in a month, if you want him to yourself do more work." she ended the call tired of the threats. Her phone beeped,  she had received a message from the same number. It was an audio, curious to hear she played it.

Her mouth was hung open, the audio was the call between her and the blackmailer. However this audio was the opposite of everything, in it Clara was the one who was sending the threat and the woman was the victim. She suddenly remembered what she said about evidence.  She had a hunch it was Sarah but it wasn't proof enough.

"I think I need to take that leave."
It would be bad of her not to take his advice after all,  she was daddy's  girl.