11- Meeting him

"This is it Clara, remember you have to make him believe you need the job, to him you are like every other applicant."

Helped her from the car. She braced herself for a life changing moment. They entered the building, workers went about their work,  not even sparing them a glance.James led them to the private elevator and pressed twelfth floor.

"Please stop it"

"What?"

"Tapping your feet"

"Oh, sorry I didn't release I was doing it."

"Good morning Brenda" James greeted. Clara looked at the her the person James greeted,  the was a slim blond with square glasses on her face. She was wearing a pink blouse that couldn't cover her boob's.

"Morning James, you didn't inform me about any appointments for Mr Knight"

"Yes, she is with me. Is he at the office"

"Yes"

"Good,  Clara please wait here"

"Okay"

"I can't help but ask are you here for any job interview, cause to the beat of my knowledge there is none" she smiled tightly.

Clara had enough to think, she couldn't handle a nosy person right now.

"Yes am here for a job interview"

"Really, for what position"

"Aren't you suppose to be busy?"

"So rude, you won't go far with that attitude."

Clara just met her and she couldn't stand her. James was still with him, did he reject her before seeing her. Would he remember her when he sees her?
All these questions swam in her head, she was beginning to doubt her plan.

"Clara, you can go I will be waiting here for you. The first door on your left knock once and you can enter."

She nodded and followed his direction. She couldn't hear anything except her heart beat, when he entered his office. She was rooted to the spot, here he was in the flesh. Even more handsome than when she saw him last, she cleared her throat to get his attention.

When he looked up at her, she almost fainted, his eyes where blue as ever. His black hair was disheveled but it made him more sexier. Gosh it took everythingin her not to run into his arms and kiss the life out of him.

However she couldn't, she could see he was checking her out with his hooded eyes she could never forget. Only him made her feel wanted and appreciated in her own skin. When their eyes met, every doubt went out the window, that he was the one.

"Please, have a sit"

She took her sit opposite him.

"What is your name?"

"Clara Hudson"

She couldn't possibly come here bearing his name,  it would bring questions she wasn't ready to answer yet.

"Clara,  please tell me why you want this position"

"I have always wanted to work at the knight corporations. To be part of a wonderful experience, to learn from the man you has made it. Also this job will enable me cater for my son"

"Okay, I will let you know if you will be hired. Leave your phone number with my secretary"

He said standing up to face the window. She didn't know what to expect, this was a new k she didn't know what to do she gently stood up and close the door.
She met James at the reception and she desperately wanted to hug and cry on his shoulders but she couldn't. They exchanged glances,  and she asked of the ladies room. It was nerve-racking to be in the same room with someone you knew so much but pretended you didn't. She waited for James to return, hoping desperately to be back at the hotel, take a long shower and sleep she felt mentally drained. James came after awhile, leaving Knight corporations immediately. To their hotel the drive was silent, a comfortable one each deep in their own thoughts. She thought would he remember her during the course of the interview.
Should she stay to pretend to be someone else till he remembered. Will he even remember?  or will she have to make him fall in love with her again all these. All these thoughts made her sad actually, she needed it to go fast it will be the best birthday present for Aaron. She would give anything to see that father and son moments, to see that bond grow between them. But all these were dreams that she hoped would actually come true for now she would just take take baby steps a day a step at a time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
An early update 😁

Hope you are all doing great.

Please vote, I would love to read your comments, and share with your friends.

Till next update 😄😄