35 - Turned off

This chapter is dedicated to @Francillinal Hilario @Adelaide knight and to all my lovely readers and voters.  THANK YOU!
***************************************
Clara pov

She left his place secretly hoping he would call her back. The rain had stopped,  which was better being a widow or being rejected. She walked with no purpose her mind still mourning and her heart well she couldn't tell if it was still working.

"Hey watch it" she blinked to the source of the light, confuse about it.

"Are you alright"

She blinked again to see a man talking to her and when did she get to the road. She nodded to his question even thought her brain was still asleep.

"Let me give you a ride to where you are going "

"Okay"

She entered the car not caring if he would really take her home.

"Please enter your address"

She typed in her address, the ride was silent which she was grateful to. It felt like a dream but she knew that it was real. Surprisingly she had no tears to shed, her eyes was dry and not a little moist. Guess the little heart she had has been wiped out.

"Here we are, you sure you don't want to go to the hospital?"

"No" She whispered

"Okay, ermn good night"

She didn't bother to reply, opening the door. She went to her room to pack her clothes she was leaving of what use is she here. She had missed a lot of time with Aaron, she would make up for it and take over her business. She also made a mental note to asked Lisa to go on leave.
Passing the full length mirror she looked at herself, she saw a different Clara. Looking into her green eyes she anticipated tears but she didn't feel the need to cry. It worried her to some extent but she was okay. Call it sick or not she was okay she couldn't feel anything. She had switched off her emotions, nothing can hurt her now cause she can't feel anything.

"I guess you always had it in you Clara, it takes worse situations to bring the best in us. I think I should cut my hair get a new name and start over again." she smoke to her self viewing her features.

"You are strong and beautiful, your eyes is the best feature, you dear have everything a woman will wish for you are Diana, no Clara is fine. I am a successful entrepreneur and a... " she sucked in " ...a widow with a son, and I will do my best to be his parent. I am unstoppable, love is for the weak and I am glad my heart is dead to it"

With that pep talk she packed her things, booked her flight. She had a business to run and a son to look after.

(Flight )

She breathed the air of sun city, first she would give Lisa a surprise visit before going home. She hailed a taxi, the ride was short the driver was a professional cutting traffic to arrive early, she was glad to be back.

"Lara?" James asked.

"One and only "

"Why are you back are you here with Kelvin?"

"No am here to face my business, speaking of which I owe you and Li an apology." She said walking to her personal elevator.

James pov ( surprise 😁)

Something was off about her, first she smiles when she sees him and she always tried to tease him. He saw her smile it was forced, what happened to her.

"Li, Clara is in"

"What? why?  I mean am happy but why is she back! oh, no that came out wrong."

He watched her rumble, she looked cute though, he hugged her to cut her off. One thing he has learnt so far was when starts she never ends.

"I don't know but she expects us in her office"

"Okay, lead the way"

She was funny that he wouldn't deny, she is one loyal friend which is hard to find. He thought of the apology they where going to receive for what actually?.

"How should I know am not in her brain"

"I said it out loud?"

"Yeah you did."

They both entered the office, James saw her facing the window. Yet she acknowledged them immediately they entered.

"Please have your seat,  am sorry Li for placing the entire business to you without helping, I am impressed with it. I will be taking over from here and you are to go on leave effective from tomorrow for two months. Any where of you choice I would pay.  James thank you for assisting her I am extremely grateful." he watched her through the whole speech. Things didn't add up, why the sudden change.

"You are welcome"

"Li you may go"

"What happened to you Clara? This is not you what happened to you? " he asked hoping to make sense of her behavior.

"I did what I should have done a long time ago, am alright nothing is wrong I think I walked out of love and I have never felt better"

What, " Are you alright, what about Kelvin"

"Who?  oh my Late husband may his soul rest in peace"

Gosh, has she gone mental what did Kelvin do "But he is alive"

"So it may seem but to me and my son he is dead"

He watched her carefully, she was okay physically but he could tell she was mentally drained."

"Oookay"

"I don't want to see him,  he should enjoy his time with his wife" she said the last word bitterly.

"Wife? but you.."

"Apparently am not so don't go reporting my whereabouts to him am I clear? "

"Yes, excuse me"

"Kelvin, you idot you what have you done" he whispered leaving Clara behind her stare was cold it had enough message to make him comply.

If Clara was here who is his wife now?

**************************************

Is Clara taking it too far?

Please let the star glow, comment and share.

Thank you!

Till next update 😄😄