40 - Paranoid

Clara pov

She was shaken up, no she was terrified to the highest. She just looked death in the face, Sarah was really serious about her leaving Kelvin alone.

Well she had already left him, it had been an hour after the incident she sat opposite the wall looking at the bullet hole. If it had hit her maybe it would have been better, she would  have been spared the pain she carried masking it with a cold face.

"Get a grip of yourself Clara" she whispered shaking those thoughts out of her mind. Heaving she headed to the kitchen to prepare coffee, but the thought of being followed stopped her. She closed the curtains in the house, even locking the door.

"Hiding won't do any good to her, guess she would have to take that break, it could help her heal and maybe forget." she thought, booking a flight to Greece on instinct.

Packing her things immediately hoping that whoever tries to shoot her was gone.

"Grrrgrrrr" the sound halted her frantic packing. She looked at the caller ID, it was her father.

"Hello dad" she said, cringing at how her voice came out.

"Hello, are you alright"

"Yes" leave it to her father to be observant.

He sighed before replying "I don't want to stress you further, have you thought of my offer? "

She was about to reply, but she remembered she could be watched or her place could be bugged. That thought didn't seat well with her either.

"I am thinking of it, how is Aaron"

"He is doing good, he wants to see you though"

Guilt weighed her heart she hasn't been a good mother. Here she was about to run off to another place leaving her son behind.

"Tell him I will come pick him when am free" she whispered.

"Hey, don't be hard on yourself don't you dare think you are not a good mother, am I clear"

"I wasn't say... "

"You don't need to say it for me to know, Clara you are doing great, go have fun and come back refreshed. I can't promise you you will come back all healed but it would help you handle it better"

How did she get an amazing father, she wiped her tears and nodded. Remembering he can't see her she replied "Thank you"

"You welcome dear, oh your mother is in. We will talk later... "

"Who are you..." the call ended,  she smiled at her parents their love was out of this world.

She looked at her half packed bag, her messy hair and crampled clothes. She needed a shower, feed her  and arrange her emotions she is a strong woman and a bullet was not going to bring her down or so she thought.

****

"I see you didn't take my warning seriously" Sarah said, helping herself on the couch not another one but her favorite couch. She decided to let this go this time.

"What cat got your tongue?"

She looked at the psycho talking, she should have known Sarah would find her out. She had decided to cancel her trip and actbas though nothing happened. She raked her brain for anything to help her escape the crazy glare she was receiving.

"No, you don't scare me" she said with her chin raised high.

Expecting her reply to evoke anger Sarah only laughed. Sending cold shiver down her spine, this was not good at all. She baganbto inch backwards hoping Sarah wouldn't notice but..

"Stop right there, you are not afraid of me. I don't want you to be actually I want you to be terrified. She walked slowly to Clara, holding a shiny object she soon realized it was a knife.

"Sarah put that down let's talk" she tried to talk sense to her, but she was far gone her eyes shone with excitement, her pupil was dilated with madness. In short Clara summarized she was gone and only fate could save her.

"Talk, talk about what" she said stabbing the wall behind Clara missing by a centimeter.
Clara would have screamed at the character to do something anything if it was a movie. Yet hear she was glues by fear to even reason a way out, pathetic she thought.

"Y.. Yes"

"That's the thing Clara bear I. Do. Not. Talk. I simply act like what am about to do" she paused to consider something.  Clara used it as an opportunity to slipnout of her grip.

"Haha, I love a chase it makes it fun" they were both circling the kitchen island. Clara eyes moved looking for her next safety place she could dash to.

"I think  I feel generous today, a knife would be painful right so I won't use it"

She relaxed at that but tensed up when she fully processed the word.

"A gun did be better for the both of us right"

"Oh gosh was this the end? How could she die like this!" she thought.

"Any last words"

She stopped her from talking "On a second thought I have been too generous, I will say it for you"

BAAMM!

****

"Aaaahhh!!"

She woke up drenched in sweat, everything was blurry. She felt her chest it was wet but from...

"It.. It.. It's sweat,  am.. am alife" she rushed to her dresser looked at herself, expecting blood or not being able to see her reflection. However she could and there was no blood. She fell on her bed breathing, glad it was a dream.

"I need that trip, gosh I almost lost it"

************************************

Someone feels paranoid.

Hope you like it,

Thank you for Voting, sharing and commenting, keep them coming.

Till next update 😄😄