13 - To friendship.

He had been upstairs for two hours, what was he doing? After he stormed off, Clara decided it was time to start work. His fridge was fully stock she took the ingredients to prepare breakfast, humming her favorite song.
She served breakfast with his file next to it. She had been waiting by it for thirty minutes, she gave up and ate her fruit salad.
She heard his foot step, but decided to ignore him. She wasn't affected by his stunt, it just made him look hot.

"Didn't know you're now my cook" He said sitting on the head chair.  The dinning table had four chairs, the top was made of grey marbles, on designed metal legs.  The chairs were designed like letter 'S'.

"I am talented Mr knight."

"You need to be, as my assistant I wouldn't want less. Hope this food taste great, I hate my money going waste"

She was proud of her cooking skills, that's why she runs a restaurant and a bakery. Even he loved her food, the thought made her sad.

"How did you know I love my toast sliced diagonally?"

Because I know you, "James told me" she said instead with a tight smile.

"Why are you eating that?" he pointed at her fruit salad with distaste.

"Nothing, I feel for them"

"At this hour, well I would think you are trying to reduce your weight"

"Are you calling me fat"

"What, no no"

"Then"

"Forget it, do what ever you like"

That's how breakfast went in total silence.

"Follow to my office"

She cleared the dishes and obediently followed him. He strides were fast, she had to jog to keep up.      He opened the door to his office. The walls were painted ash, she noticed few art painting in frames hanged on the was, two shelves stocked with books and a small mirror hanged on the wall.

"This is not a museum, take a sit" his voice brought he back. She smiled sheepishly and sat.
He sat across her, studying her twirling his pen as he did.

"Do you know this work will take most of your time?"

"Yes I know"

"How do you intend to do it when you have a child?"

Was this a second interview, she thought.

"My son is with his grandparents, I am free to fulfill every task required of me."

"Good, since you claim to be talented, congratulations on being my cook. You will have to move in, I travel slot,  you will accompany as my chef, assistant and any other position I will require of you. Will that be okay by you?"

"Yes"

"Good, the cleaning staff comes on three times a week. I have a lost of numbers you have to memorize. Here is the number of my event planner, you only have to supervise. That will be all, kindly bring the files I need to go through them."

She gave him the file but had tonnes of questions to ask. Like does he see a therapist, what should she do when he had a crisis. James said it was a serious thing and she had to watch his health.

"Excuse Me knight"

"Kelvin, Mr knight makes me feel old"

"Okay,  Mr.kni...Kevin, are you on any medication?  She had to know right, he looked at her without saying anything.

"Why the question?"

"Ermm be.. because James to me"

"Really, he and his big mouth"

"Since you brought it up, yes I am. On the list I gave you, you would see my therapist and personal doctor. Am sure he told you I have amnesia." she nodded in response.
"Right, I sometimes have crisis, but it hasn't happened for a while."

"Am supposed to be on break, but I have a lot to do, and lastly I do forget certain things so if I ask you to redo something don't get pissed." he said,  rubbing his neck, looking everywhere but her.

"Wow that's a lot to take in"

"Indeed"

"That will be all, you can explore the house. The house if you like, and I know we started on the wrong foot, but since we will be working together. We have to be friends, can we have a fresh start,  miss Clara Hudson?"

"Of course we can Mr knight."

"Kelvin"

"Yes, to friendship Kelvin" They shook hands. She couldn't wipe the smile from her face, she couldn't help but perform a happy dance outside the office. She had to tell Lily, after she had checked up on Aaron first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the delay, been busy with studies.

They are friends now that's impressive but will it help Clara or Kelvin remember anything?

Please let me know in the comments.

Kindly click the little star below your screen and share.

Thank you!!

Till next updated 😄😄