[34] Missing and Disappearance

A/N: I suggest that y'all grab some tissue.

[Chapter 34]

December 30, 2016

[05:55 pm]

"W-why... didn't you realize it?"

She was about to reply, but she chose to remain silent. Jeongyeon bowed her head down, and listened to him.

"I-I have no courage to tell you everything. I don't know at first. I'm damn confused, because the moment you told me about the little boy, I felt a bit jealous. It hurts a lot, especially when you revealed that you like him. Damn, it hurts, but I remained still and quiet."

"I realized that I'm falling and falling deeper for you. But, what makes the pain doubled is when you introduce Jennie to me," he paused a bit, and continued. "I don't know what to feel. But, I still decided to date her. For once, I wanted to forget about you."

"I'm so bad for using her, but I tried myself to fall for her, but our relationship didn't work out. Aside from she cheated on me, I don't feel the same affection that I felt for you. Maybe, I only treated her as a friend. I don't deserve her, so as she," he looked at her, who's still head lowering down.

"J-Jennie's right. All this time, the truth about our break-up is not just about her, but about me, and you. I admit that I like the way Nayeon always teases us, but I'm also hurt. I felt bad that I couldn't confess, knowing how much the both of us valued our friendship. I don't wanna waste that."

"I really care about our relationship, to the point that I sacrificed my own feelings, just for the sake of our friendship. I know that there is a boundary between us. Plus, he's back to your life. Jimin's back, your first love."

Jeongyeon finally raised her head as soon as he stopped talking. She saw him gazing at the sky, the sun is setting down. She broke her silence.

"I-I know... that you love me."

Taehyung's eyes widen, as he heard what she said. But he didn't utter a single word. He's not mad at all. He knows that she can only see him as her dear friend.

"I also loved you, before... and I knew it... but I was god-damn late." She stopped for a while to see his reaction. She felt a pang on her chest seeing him like that, and it's like she's hurting him more. Still, she went on.

"I didn't know that I'm slowly falling for you, ever since we entered high school. I-I know, this is ridiculous, but just like you, I value our friendship more than what do I feel. So that's why I introduced Jennie to you."

"S-she told me that she likes you, so even if it hurts like hell, I still asked you to ask her out, because I want to to have your  personal relationship too. I don't want you to be single forever, and stick your nose with me forever."