[18] Definition of Love

[Chapter 18]

[Chapter 18]

"So Jeongyeon, how's your second test?"

After three days, Ms. Lee asked Jeongyeon to take a redemption examination for the subject Precalculus, because she failed.

Even if this just a preliminary examination, it's still important that she could atleast pass that exam. For the computation of grades.

In Senior High School, every output, quizzes, and examinations are very important. So that why, she needs to accomplish, and pass all the quizzes and examinations that they take.

The good thing is, Ms. Lee is good enough to give second chances, and being considerate as always.

And she's grateful for that. She also make sure that this time, she would be able to pass the examination.

"O-oh that?" Jeongyeon asked him, and he nodded. "W-well, it's still the same questions. And so far... So good?"

"So good? What do you mean by that?" Taehyung who's sitting and occupying Jimin's sit asked her. "Why it seems that you, yourself aren't sure about that?"

Jeongyeon rested her back, and peacefully closed her eyes. "Well, I must say that there's an improvement. But still I'm not sure if I would be able to receive atleast a passing score of 50."

"Why, don't you trust yourself?"

"What? Seriously Taehyung, I don't think so—"

"You should," he cut her words, not minding whatever she's going to say. "How would you be able to boost your self confidence, if you, yourself you don't trust?"

Jeongyeon stared at him directly in the eye. She's not offended by the way. "What do you mean by that, Taehyung?"

Taehyung sighed, and cleared his throat. "How would other people trust you, if you... Don't trust yourself?"

"Tae, I trust myself, don't worry." Jeongyeon give him an assuring smile. "It doesn't mean that I'm not sure about one thing, it means that I already lack a self confidence."

"I couldn't predict what would be the result. And besides, I also don't want to assume something — at the end, I'll ended up broken — No thanks."

And that hit him hard. He's not assuming or expecting anything in return, but...

He's hurt. For no reason..

"Jeongyeon..." Taehyung called her attention, and the latter looked at him. "I-If you need me, just remember that I'm here. Always."

"I'm still your best boy, right?"

"Of course Taehyung, yes-"

"Noona?"

Jungkook unintentionally interrupted their conversation. When he realized it, he immediately apologized. "O-oh, I'm sorry for disturbing your conversation, noona and hyung."