[14] Comforting Words

[Chapter 14]

[Chapter 14]

Year 2013

"Jeongyeon, do you have any idea why there's an unreciprocated love or something like one sided love?"

Jeongyeon titled her head at the person who asked her out of blue. It was no other than, Kim Taehyung. Her childhood best friend. They're are now on their 8th grade.

Actually, she really had no idea, so she shook her head, "Why?"

Taehyung leaned closer to her and looked at her eyes, directly. "Maybe because, that person whom we love don't feel the same way."

She raised her brows. "Obviously? And?"

"Maybe because that person only see us, as a friend. Nothing more, nothing less." Taehyung replied with a frown and bowed his head low.

On the other hand, Jeongyeon felt a pang on her chest. She also felt the same way. That one sided love story, is purely delusional. And it will never be real.

The feelings are real though, but it will only remain as like that. She became sad by the reality that the person she love will never love her back.

"Just like Phineas and Isabella?" She uttered the words bitterly, and smiled forcefully. She's always watching 'Phineas and Ferb' and she felt bad for the young girl.

Taehyung just nod at her, and looked away. He could feel that he's on the same shoes with Isabella.

"But, what if Phineas do also like Isabella?" Taehyung shot a question, which made the latter turned to him.

"What if Phineas doesn't pay attention to Isabella's interest in him is because he is too busy with his big ideas?"

Jeongyeon stared at him for a moment, then she shook her head. "I-I really don't know." Taehyung just nodded, and looked down.

She looked up at the ceiling. She realized that no matter how many times she would wish upon a star, he will never like her.

Or maybe already he did from the very beginning, but she's too numb, and dumb to see it, and to feel it.

Or maybe because she already knew that he already like someone else.

Or maybe, not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is that your way of saying thank you?" He asked, and put down his textbook. They once again locked in a staring contest. He smiled cheekily.

"Then, you're welcome."

Jeongyeon was snapped back at her thoughts. She didn't noticed that she's staring at Jimin for a long time. She shook her head. "N-no."

"I-I just want to say thank you, Jimin." she said and smiled at him. For two months of them being close, she started calling him by his nickname, like everyone in their group does.