[2] Hot Chocolate

* Moar Floof :D

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

"Here." Nightmare blinked in surprise when he saw Esmeray sit down besides him and wrap another blanket on top of his already existing one. "Wh... Huh...?" Nightmare was quite shocked to say the least, especially since Esmeray was being nice while Dream was away. "Shouldn't... Shouldn't you be with Dream and the others for this... Big event?" Nightmare asked, a bit hesitant and distrustful. Esmeray softly chuckled. "Nah, I'd rather stay with you!" Esmeray chirped happily.

"You looked quite lonely so I wanted to accompany you... Plus, the cold weather isn't good for your health." Esmeray spoke before looking up at the sky as he sets down his basket. "The Moon looks so pretty today..." Esmeray softly said and Nightmare turned to him. "... Yeah..." Nightmare quietly whispered and then looked down.

Esmeray then looking down at his basket and opened it. He then grabbed a thermos and then two cups, handing one to Nightmare, who blinked in confusion. Why did Esmeray gave him an empty cup...? Then he blinked in surprise and wonder when he watched Esmeray open the thermos and carefully pour a hot beverage on Nightmare's cup, then poured some on his own.

Esmeray then placed some marshmallows on both cups and Nightmare blinked. "What's..." "It's hot chocolate, often enjoyed in the winter. I figured since Dream's gonna most likely be home late, why not accompany you while you're alone?" Esmeray smiled and Nightmare stared at the other skeleton.

Were they... Seriously being nice...? To him? Of all people? "I... I would... Love that.... Thank you..." Nightmare whispered softly. "You should take a sip of your hot chocolate now, it's gonna get cold." Esmeray giggled softly and Nightmare couldn't help but let out a small smile. Blowing the hot beverage and taking a very small sip. He hums in glee at the sweet taste of chocolate.

He has found a new favorite drink.

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

Esmeray watched from a shadowed area behind some of the houses as Dream came back to the tree, sitting down besides Nightmare and chatting up his brother. Nightmare then showed Dream the thermos he gave to the little guardian, he had purposefully left it for Nightmare, knowing that the purple guardian would want to share his drink with the golden child.

He couldn't stop the smile that adorned his expression when he saw Dream's face light up after taking a sip and babbling something happily, closing his eyesockets as if to savor the drink while Nightmare laughed a bit to himself.

Esmeray then turned from the scene and then walked towards his home, his smile widening in content with what had just transpired. He's made the little purple guardian happy, that was already enough for him.

┕━☽【❖】☾━┙

* Bonding time is best time