Chapter 11🖤

We didn't get up until after 11 a.m. the next morning because we stayed up late watching Law and Order and looking at hairstyles on Pinterest, which Sarah insisted on seeing before she did my hair. I don't get why I can't just pull my hair back into a ponytail, but she is the fashionista of the three of us.

I grab my phone from the nightstand and unlock it when I see that I have a new message from Chase. My heart begins to race once more inside my chest. To open the message, I swiftly pressed the notification button.

Chase - Good morning, beautiful😍

Me - Good morning

I kept that text brief as well, reminding myself not to get too excited or I may scare him away.

Chase - Did you get a good night's sleep?

I'm chewing on the inside of my lower lip. I stare at my phone, trying to think of something to say; it would be much simpler if Sarah and Kim were next to me as they were last night, but they are both down stairs eating breakfast, and I had just returned to my room to get my phone.

Me - Yeah, We haven't been awake for long.

His new message is flashing on my screen in a matter of seconds.

Chase - We?

Me - Kim and Sarah stayed the night with me. We had a girls' night in.

Chase - I was jealous for a second thinking that you had a boy over.

Is he serious when he says he was jealous? Chase is jealous at the thought of me having a boy inside my room? Oh, my gosh, the butterflies have returned to my tummy.

Raven, try to be calm. BE Cool.

Me - No! Of course not🤣

I included the laughing emoji to make him realize how CRAZY his statement was. Who else would I have in my room if I had a crush on this boy for years, and my parents would never allow it anyway.

Chase - It's not funny that my feelings were hurt.🥺

Awee crap, I didn't mean to hurt his feelings, ughh I'm terrible at this. Raven, you did an excellent job. I chastise myself as I hastily type my next message to him, attempting to apologize to him.

Me - I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings Chase, it's just that I don't have a boyfriend to even have a boy in my room.

Chase - It's all right. I was only joking, although I did get a little worried for a second when I thought you had a boy over, and for the record, I'm happy you don't have one.

As I'm reading that message, another from him arrives on my phone.

Chase - Yet😌

What is this boy doing to me, I can't stop smiling as I walk back into the kitchen, thankfully Kim, Sarah, and neither of my parents seen that as I type Chase another message.

Me -Yet?👀

I'm looking down at my phone, grinning. As my parents fix their cups of coffee I smile at them both as I sit between Kim and Sarah and quickly show them the text messages before my parents turn back around neither of them say anything just answer my smile with their own with mouthful of pancakes.

Chase - Maybe tonight will change that for you baby🥰

Just has I put a bite of pancake inside my mouth I read the message and suck in a deep breath causing me to choke as the unchewed piece of pancake threatened to slide down throat, Kim and Ashley both started to pound my back to help me cough it up.

"Are you okay, darling?" My father asked as he hurriedly came over to the table and placed his cup of coffee on down on it.

"Yeah, dad just went down the wrong pipe," I stutter, grabbing my glass of milk and swallowing hard to clear my throat.

Are you sure, sweetheart?" My mother asked as she stepped up alongside my father.

I try to hold back the blush that is forming on my cheeks as I fight the urge to text Chase back. I don't want him to think I'm ignoring him. "Yeah mom I'm good," I whisper.

"Okay dear. We are both working at the hospital tonight so we will see you in the morning." She says coming over and kissing my head before heading out the room.

"Have a good night, but don't do anything crazy," my father tells the three of us before following my mother out the room.

"We won't," we all yell at the same time, pretending to be completely innocent.

Once they both walk out the room I quickly pick up my phone off the table and quickly type out my text to Chase.

Me - oh? 😳

That's all I send, I mean what eles can I say to that, I'm not good with flirting much less flirting over freaking text messages.

"What caused you to choke like that? What did Chase say?" Asked Sarah in a low tone just incase my parents are still nearby enough to hear us.

Smiling I push my phone out allowing them both to read what Chase had sent me and they both jump up and down in their seats making the table shake along with them.

"Yall stop" I laugh softly at their antics, sometimes they are too much.

"Hell nah. We won't" snarks Kim with a grin on her face.

"Yeah yeah what she said. We told you. We told you" Sarah starts to sing.

"We told you. We told you" Kim joins in making me push my plate away from me and bang my head dramatically at them.

"Yeah Yeah" I mumble softly thanking the table for hiding my happy grin.