(41. Brianna Woods)

** Inspired by Chicago PD S5 Ep14 Anthem

Jay had gone back to work about 2 weeks before I did although I wasn't able to stay off work for much longer so I went back in one week early to help with some paperwork while the team went out.

Once Ethan gave me the all-clear on my fieldwork I was back in with no hesitation. Today we were going to a demonstration, where teens were protesting against a case of police brutality.

We mostly stayed on the down-low observing everything play out, everyone was spread out until we noticed another group, consisting mostly of neo- nazis, approaching.

At first, just arguments started out with some shouting and shoving until everything got a little more aggressive and it was time for us to step in. I recognized Brianna Woods and saw her get knocked down. I quickly made my way over helping her up and using my body to shield her from the crashing bodies around us.

"C, mon." I shouted over all of the screaming trying to get us out of there.

We were being pushed and shoved everywhere and it was proving harder than I thought to get us out of there. "Y/n!" I heard someone call my name.

I looked up and saw Jay approaching us. "Get in front of her!" I yelled at him.

He stepped in front of Brianna and extended his arm back. I held it and he began making a way for us while I watched Brianna's back getting her out of there.

"You alright?" I asked her once we had put some distance in between us and the whole chaos.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She just had a cut on her forehead. We walked through the parking lot to get to our car when I saw a pair of feet from under a car.

I pushed Brianna behind me. "Jay." I pointed forward and pulled out my gun and he saw it too.

"Stay back." He told me as he pulled out his gun-making his way towards the person.

I looked around to see if anyone was still lurking. Jay shook his head letting me know it was a body. "Sarge, we got a body up in the parking lot," I called it into the radio alerting the team.

_____

Turns out Brianna knew the victim so Jay and I were told to keep an eye on Brianna while we were able to make an arrest. Jay and I were walking Brianna home having a chat with her. I was walking next to Brianna and Jay was by my side slightly behind us.

We heard a car screeching and I grabbed a hold of Brianna instinctively as we all turned to look at the source of the noise. We saw a car window was rolled down and I was just able to make out a black object sticking out as the car rushed in our direction.

"GUN!" I yelled as I pulled Brianna with me to duck behind a car using my body as a shield once more to protect her from the bullets that started flying towards us. I pulled my gun out and started shooting back with Jay.

"Stay down!" Jay yelled to Brianna.

"Did you get the plate?" I asked Jay as the car had already turned the corner.

"I think so." He grabbed his radio and started calling it in as I bent down to check on Brianna.

"Alright, c, mon let's get you home." I picked up a shaken Brianna holding her close to me.