(32. Double Date)

Jay and I had just wrapped up a case and we were in the hospital because we were updating a witness to the investigation. We were about to walk out of the hospital when we heard someone call our names and we both turned.

Natalie was walking over to us. "Hey guys, Will and I just finished our shifts and we were wondering if you were up for that double date?" She asked us.

"Yes!" I replied excitedly. "It's already late so come over to our place in 2 hours and we'll have it there," I told her.

"Perfect, see you guys then." She smiled before walking off.

Jay turned to look at me. "We're supposed to have a dinner for 4 prepared in 2 hours?" He asked.

"Don't worry about it, I'll make some pasta alfredo we just need to grab ingredients," I told him heading to the car.

___

At home, I quickly made dinner before I went to get dressed. I opted for a semi-formal black jumpsuit.

Jay was already dressed and was helping set the table when we heard a knock at the door

Jay was already dressed and was helping set the table when we heard a knock at the door. "I'll get it." Jay hollered.

"I'll be there in a minute," I replied. I heard Will and Natalie's voices.

I finished getting ready and walked out. "Hey." I greeted them both. Jay and Will had started messing around chatting in the living room and Natalie and I began chatting in the kitchen while I started serving everyone.

"Get over here boys, the food is ready." Natalie hollered at them.

_____

At dinner, Will and Jay started telling us stories about their mom, stories I hadn't heard before since Jay almost never talked about her. Natalie also began telling us stories about her childhood, some of which I hadn't heard before either.

"So I literally forced my mother to drive all the way back home just so I could have my lucky pencil for my first day of high school." We were all laughing by the end of Natalie's story.

"So how about you y/n, you've never told me about your parents," Will asked.

"Will" Jay gave Will a disappointed look.

"No, it's fine babe." I patted his hand which was on my lap. "I actually don't remember my mom very much. My mom passed away on the job when I was 3, Trudy took me in and raised me after that. She was working most of the time so I spent 90% of my time at the district and if I wasn't there I was with Cindy and Hermann, Hank and Camille, or Al. Ruzek and I sometimes we would run around the district causing havoc and that's why I'm so close to him too." I told them.

"Wow, so being a detective was the obvious choice for you?" Will continued asking.

"Yeah, there was nothing else I ever wanted to do." I reminisced.

"Except now she won't stop trying to get herself killed." Jay shoved me lightly.

"Yeah, I mean ever since I started dating this guy." I jokingly whispered to Natalie making all of us laugh.

"Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask you guys how did you start dating? Jay never wants to tell me." Will glared at his brother.

"How did we start dating?" I started thinking about it. "You know to be fair Jay never asked me to be his girlfriend?" I turned to Jay.

"Yeah, well you never asked me to be your boyfriend either." He laughed pulling me in for a quick kiss.

"Yeah, well I guess you could say we started dating a couple of days after Nadia died." My smile dropped slightly remembering her. "Jay literally chased after me one night and well one thing led to another and here we are." I avoided details.

"Yeah and then we also got tortured together and that kinda reinforced the relationship," Jay added. I nodded acknowledging that this was in fact the case.

"Yeah but I mean you liked him way before that." Natalie teased me.

I blushed slightly. "shh." I hit her arm lightly.

"Oh really?" Jay smirked.

"Oh shut up you knew I had a massive crush on you ever since you dated Gabby," I admitted.

"Wow, I knew it." He smiled proudly.

"Shut up man, you were exactly the same with y/n. He would call me and always, mention this girl I work with." Will told me. "He was dreamy."

"Oh I mean he was probably talking about Erin." I shrugged it off.

"No, actually I was always talking about you. I liked Erin but I dated her so I would stop thinking about you." Jay told me.

I furrowed my brows confused. "What? Why?" I asked him.

"Well, I knew you were friends with Gabby and I didn't want to cause any trouble between the two of you. And you were so badass I just thought you'd never waste your time on me." Jay admitted. Natalie and Will only laughing at our revelations.

"Mhm, the more you know." I laughed.

"You guys could've been dating for like years now if one of you had plucked up the courage sooner." Will laughed.

"Oh don't even Will!" I started.

"You were in love with Natalie the minute you laid eyes on her." Jay finished.

Will stayed quiet now, and Jay and I were the ones laughing this time. By the end of the night, we were all clutching our stomachs from all the laughter.

"Alright well thank you so much for dinner but we better get going, I left Owen with the Nanny and I only paid her 3 hours." Natalie started getting up grabbing the dirty dishes.

"Oh no please don't worry about that, we'll clean up." I stopped her, getting up myself.

"It was really nice having you guys over." Jay also got up and Will last.

"It was really yummy y/n." Will winked. "I know for sure my brother didn't cook." He teased Jay.

"Shut up." Jay smacked his brother's arm.

Jay and I walked Natalie and Will all the way down before coming back upstairs. "That was really nice, we should do this again," I commented while I started cleaning the table and Jay was washing the dishes.

"Yeah but I still much rather have dinner with nobody else but you." He walked over to me at the table giving me a kiss. I didn't realize he had his hands behind his back before he booped my nose with soapy hands and plopping some bubbles on my head.

I looked up at him with my mouth wide. "You didn't" I laughed.

Jay ran back to the sink but not before I managed to slip a block of ice down his shirt. Jay started whirling around as I laughed at him. He picked up another blob of soap. "Get over here!" He started chasing after me both of us acting like 4-year-olds.

I had collapsed on the couch in the living room after Jay had chased me around the house. He dropped on the couch on top of me, hovering so his full weight wasn't on me. He put all the soap he had in his hands all over my face while I laughed uncontrollably.

"I haven't laughed that hard in a while." I tried taking a breath.

"I have to ask you something." Jay looked down at me smiling.

"What's that?" I asked wiping some soap off my face.

"Do you wanna be my girlfriend?" He asked me.

I giggled. "I would love to be your girlfriend." I put my arms around his neck and pulled him down for a kiss.