(54.1. Detained)

Things had settled down at work, Jay and I were feeling really good about everything. I also had something in mind that I'd been planning to talk to with Jay when the time was right and tonight we were going on a dinner date so it seemed like the right time to do so.

I decided on a black dress with a blazer laying on my shoulders and Jay wore some jeans with a navy blue dress shirt.

Once we got to the restaurant we ordered some entrees and some wine and just began having a nice usual chat

Once we got to the restaurant we ordered some entrees and some wine and just began having a nice usual chat. Jay had slowly gotten better about talking to me about how he was feeling about things at work but I still wouldn't pressure him on talking to me all the time, only when he wanted to and when he was ready.

The waiter had brought us our wine and the entrees and I felt like now I had the time and space to ask Jay what I had in mind for a while.

"So I've been thinking about something..." I started and Jay smirked.

"Oh no, that face, I know it, it means you want something." He smiled.

I laughed. "Yes, I do...I wanted to talk to you about buying a house."

He froze for a second and I could see that although this took him by surprise he seemed to receive it better than I thought.

"Okay...can I ask why?" he didn't seem opposed to the idea.

"Well I love the apartment, I do, but when I picked that apartment it was because it was just me. And then we moved in together the first time and it was incredible, and then you moved out...and then you moved in again and now we're married and I just need a new place." I wasn't sure how to explain it.

"You want a something new?" I could see his smile growing.

"I want something that's ours, I guess yeah...something new." The waiter came to pick up our now empty entree plates.

"Well that's a lot to think about..." He took a deep breath and I just nodded knowing that it was a decision that was going to take time. "But I agree, I think we should get a new place."

My head popped up and I locked eyes with him completely taken a back by his quick answer. "Really?" My smile grew so wide.

"Yes babe really." He laughed. He leaned forward and took my hand. "I love you."

"I love you too." this was going to be a good night.

______

We were finishing our desert and Jay's phone started ringing. "Oh, it's Kev."

"Answer." He was about to hang up.

"Hey what's up?" Jay picked up. "He wants us to go to Molly's for a drink, something about Casey, Kelly, Hermann and Mouch almost dying or something."

"What?" I was confused about how the two correlated.

"Ok man chill, we'll be there." He hung up.

"What do you mean almost died?" I panicked slightly.

"Apparently they were stuck in a building and almost didn't get out, Mouch is in the hospital but stable and they want us going to Molly's to raise a toast." He explained.

"Okay, let's go." Jay asked for the check while I quickly pulled out my phone to call Trudy and ask if she was alright.

_____

Once we got there we could see that Molly's was full, we walked in and I immediately went up to Kelly and pulled him into a big hug. "When you almost die you call me! You call your best friend." I scolded him.

"Bear I'm fine." He hugged me back but I knew he was smiling.

"How's Hermann? Casey?" I asked

"They're right there." He stepped aside and I saw them sitting at the bar.

I walked over to them to give them a hug and ask if they were okay. Jay and I sat down and starting having a chat with the guys as well as putting some money in the boot for Mouch. Neither Jay and I were drinking too much because we had to drive home.

I was telling Gabby about how Jay and I wanted to look for a new place when I noticed two men in black suits approach Otis at the bar a couple of feet away from us. "We're looking for y/n Halstead."

"That's me." I answered before Otis could. I furrowed my brows confused.

"Mrs. Halstead we're with the FBI, we know you're a detective with the CPD so we don't want to make this into a big show. You have to come with us." They spoke.

Jay got up and stood in front of me defensively but before he could say anything I stopped him. "What's this about?" I grabbed Jay's arm indicating for him to calm down.

"Step outside with us." The men insisted.

"I'm not going anywhere until you tell me what this is about." the bar had now gone silent and everyone was listening in. I saw Kelly, Kev, and Adam all get up and start approaching us.

"I'm gonna need you to step back." The other man stopped them from coming closer.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ABOUT?" I raised my voice.

"You're being detained for the possible kidnapping and murder of Gregory Rubio." The man finally spoke.

"What?" I said at the same time as many other people in the bar.

"You're not taking her anywhere!" Adam tried pushing past the other man.

"You're giving me no choice." The man reached for my arm clipping a handcuff onto it.

Both Casey and Jay were ready to stop him. "NO! Don't" I stopped them letting the man cuff me.

"You can't do this!" Jay was so angry.

"Jay, call Hank and get me a lawyer." I told him as the men started dragging me away. Everyone at the bar protested as the men took me away. Cursing and screaming at them. "No one do anything stupid." I screamed back at everyone before I was fully outside.

The man shove me in his car and I watched as Jay, Kelly, Adam, Kev, Christopher, Otis all ran out to watch me drive away in the back of a cop car.

"What the hell is going on." I whispered to myself annoyed, angry, confused.