(33. Rixton)

*Inspired by Season 4, Ep 14 Seven Indictments

Jay and I were at the shooting range getting certified again. Even though we both said we weren't competing we also both knew it was a lie. We began shooting, and I made sure to hit the target dead center except leaving one bullet in one very special spot.

"Alright unload your guns." We heard the man through the speaker. We did as told.

"Don't cry when you realize I'm better than you." I joked with Jay.

"Bring your targets forward." the man then instructed.

"Oh, pfff please I was a marksman for a reason honey." He shrugged.

He showed me his sheet all bullets in the center. "Wow, good job." I brought my sheet forward and showed him mine, all bullets also dead in the center except for one that I had aimed right in the groin.

"You scare me." He squinted his eyes at my sheet and I started laughing.

One of the guys doing recertification with us came up to me. "Hey, you guys work with Rixton now don't you?" He asked. Jay stepped forward to listen.

"Yeah, why?" I asked confused.

"A word of warning, you guys should watch your backs with him." was all he said before the officer in charge came out.

"Alright, you both passed, congratulations detectives." He told both Jay and me. Jay got a text alerting him we had to head back to the office which mean we couldn't find out more about this warning.

"What do you think that guy meant?" Jay asked me in the car on our way to the precinct.

"I have no idea, but keep it to yourself before we know more, we don't want to start spreading rumors," I warned him.

"Does he seem suspicious to you?" He ignored my comment.

"No, I mean I've noticed he stares more than most people do but that's not suspicious is it?" I asked him. 

"Hmm, I don't know." I could see he wasn't going to let this go.

We had been back at the office for no less than 10 minutes when Adam walked up to me. "Yo sis, so what's the deal with Rixton what'd he do?" He asked me.

I turned around and glared at Jay who just shrugged. "There's no deal with Rixton, now let it go," I told him.

"Oh c, mon." Adam followed after me.

"Ruz we don't know anything, it was just some cop saying something, so just let it go please." I stopped him and at the same time, Kenny walked past us.

"Hey." He greeted us.

"Hi." I shot him a smile but Ruz stayed silent. I slapped his arm.

"Oh hey man, can I ask you something?" He started.

I slapped his arm again. "We were wondering if you wanted to have a drink with us sometime? You know get to know each other?" I stopped Ruz from saying anything and he just nodded behind me.

"Oh...yeah that would be great." he agreed but was suspicious of Adam.

"Good! We should head back to the office." I linked my arm with Adam's and dragged him away with me.

I glared at Adam while I forced him to sit back at his desk before walking back to mine. "What happened? Did he say anything?" Jay whispered to me once I had sat.