(14.1. Derek Keyes)

*Inspired by Chicago PD Season 3 Ep 1 Life is Fluid.

*TW// Torture

We were back at work and cases had been pretty relaxed lately. Things with Jay were back to being weird, we were friendly but he didn't try talking to me about the other night again, and neither did I.

Today we got called into work early, Antonio had a lead for one of the most wanted criminals. Derek Keyes.

We spent hours planning and gathering information that would help us catch him and put a stop to his crimes. Voight was gonna send me and Jay with Benji to meet with Keyes.

I wore a green formal suit.

I was with Mouse getting Mics

I was with Mouse getting Mics. He was helping me tape a mic to my back when Jay walked in his outfit for the mission.

I looked him up and down and didn't realize he did the same. "Woah." We both said at the same time.

Mouse laughed earning a glare from both of us. "I'm gonna go get the-" he didn't finish before walking away.

"You look hot," I commented on his attire.

"Yeah well, you do too." He walked closer.

"We should get going." I quickly said before things went further. I walked past him.

We packed up and left for the airport. "Alright, get in there, don't say more than you need to," Voight repeated one last time before we left.

Jay, Benji, and I walked through the airport to head to the private section. Once we made it through security I knew I had to leave all my nerves behind. We made it in and Jay began the talking, introducing me as his trustworthy and multitasking assistant and then proceeding to talk about the deal.

Although before we could even get close to anything, suspicions started to arise. Derek shot Benji in front of us before his men grabbed me by both arms. Jay tried fighting back to free me but he was tased. This time I managed to free myself of the grips on my arms, I tried running to Jay before I felt something hit my back and I dropped beside Jay.

"No!" Jay shouted and we simply stared at each other knowing that we weren't getting out of this one. I felt another hit and everything went black.

____

I woke up, it took a second for my eyes to refocus but after a few seconds, I realized we were in some sort of basement. I saw Jay hanging by his wrists shirtless a few feet away from me still passed out. I was hanging by my wrists as well and I no longer had my shirt or my pants.

No one was around so I tried looking around for any way out. "Jay!" I tried whispering loudly to wake him up. "Jay!" I repeated his name a couple of times.

"He's still out." I then heard a loud voice behind me making me jump. I tried twisting my body to see who it was. "I can wake him up if you'd like." Keyes was walking towards us holding a bat.

"What the hell do you want Keyes?" I cut straight to the chase.

"Oh, you don't need to worry about that...You're just here as bait." He ran his finger down my body making me twitch around uncomfortably. 

"Don't touch her." my attention was drawn to Jay who was now awake and his attention was on me.

"Ahh, perfect you're both awake. Just what I wanted." Keyes laughed and he then whistled. Two men walked in with bats and tasers.

"What the hell is this? What do you want?" Jay shouted as the men approached us.

"I just need you to hang in there for me." Keyes laughed.

"Whatever you want she has nothing to do with it, let her go, she can't help you." I turned to Jay angrily.

"Too late for that Halstead, I know all about you and y/l/n... Detectives." Keyes walked up to Jay.

"Then you know who we work for, and you know you aren't gonna get away with this," I spoke back.

Keyes smiled before gesturing his guys to do something. There was a camera set up a few feet away from us, Keyes stepped up to it. "Go ahead." He said.

I felt a hard blow to my stomach knocking the air out of me instantly. Then another one, and another one. I then felt a taser to my chest, my legs, my neck. After a few seconds, I didn't know what I was getting hit with, I was just aware of the never-ending pain I felt all across my body.

I was able to open my eyes and saw Jay was suffering like I was, I could tell he was screaming at the men that were hitting me but for some reason, I couldn't hear past my heavy breathing.

_____

Adam's POV//

We were all busy at the office trying to find anything that would lead us to Jay or y/n. Trudy was constantly bringing us any information that she could find. I felt sick to my stomach from how worried I felt about Jay and y/n but especially y/n.

Trudy brought up a package. We all knew it was from Keyes, Antonio opened a dvd and popped it into his computer. We all gathered around to see what it contained. A video started playing y/n and Jay were hanging by the wrists while being repeatedly beaten. I tried to watch but had to look away when I saw y/n's body slowly going, limper and limper.

Voight then got a phone call. He told us all to be silent and asked Mouse to track the phone call. Voight answered but I couldn't tell much from his replies. The call only lasted a couple of seconds. Mouse sighed frustrated after he wasn't able to track the call.

"What does he want?" Antonio asked him.

"He wants all of our C.I files if we want y/n and Jay back alive, and he wants a female detective to do the trade." He told everyone.

"Ok then let's give it to them then." to me it was as simple as that, that was my sister and my best friend.

But to Antonio, Hank, and everyone else it was simply not that simple. We needed to work fast to find a way to get them what they wanted without actually releasing our C.I information.

_______

Jay's pov:

I watched Keyes shut off the camera but the torture didn't stop. I didn't care about what they did to me, I had to stop them from hurting her.

"HEY! HIT ME! JUST ME!" I shouted repeatedly trying to get them to listen.

"I think you're in love with her...huh." Keyes laughed.

"Jay stop it!" I heard y/n's weak voice.

"This will be fun." Keyes laughed again. "Don't hold back." He told the men hitting y/n.

"NO! PLEASE!" I begged them. I saw as one of the men pulled the bat behind his back before swinging and hitting y/n hard in her stomach causing her to spit out more and more blood. "I WILL KILL YOU!" I shouted whirling around, trying to break the release on my wrists. He then swung again and this time hit her hard across the face, she was knocked out.

That seemed to stop them. Keyes walked away laughing and the men finally stopped. They walked over and released me, dragging me to a wall where they had chains. They tied my foot to the chain. I then watched as they untied y/n and dragged her next to me, chaining her foot to the wall too.

Once they were gone I dragged myself towards y/n. I lifted her limp body and held her against me. "y/n wake up!"