(55. Ties that bind)

Chicago PD Season 6 Ep 14 Ties that Bind

I was back at work today and more determined than ever to have a longer working streak this time since I had the worst luck with injuries and being forced to take time off. It was a good day to get back, Hank had planned a sting to try to bust a gun runner, and Kim and Adam were going undercover to try to make a deal.

We all suited up and drove to a warehouse where the whole thing was going to go down. Kim and Adam drove to the front while the rest of us stayed out back in case things went south and they needed back up.

The room was completely silent as the bust was starting, we were all listening in through the mics. It seemed like everything was going well until there was contact from the buyer wanting to search Kim and Adam for weapons.

"He felt my vest." We heard Kim through the mic.

I gripped my gun a little tighter ready for some action, a tingle ran through my body, I'd been away from this for too long, a part of me embarrassed to admit that I loved the thrill of this. Just as Adam gave us the go-ahead to move we heard gunshots.

We all took cover as we watched Davis open fire on Kim and Adam but the action didn't last much as Jay was easily able to get a shot and soon after we were already packing up to head back to the precinct.

Although I enjoyed being able to get a few shots in I had to admit that I still had that urge for more action, I wanted to get my hands dirty.

____

I was stripping off my vest at the back of the car when Jay came to join me. "You alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, you?" He helped me with some of the straps.

"Yeah, didn't realize how much I missed this. I don't know if that makes me a good cop or a psycho." I shrugged. I knew Jay wouldn't judge me.

He laughed. "I get it, we wanted the job for a reason, and I know damn well it wasn't to sit around and eat donuts as we're beautifully portrayed in movies." We packed the last few things in the trunk and he shut it.

I nodded in agreement as we got in the car. I drove us back to the district.

Back at the precinct, we tried getting some more information about the guns, and the runner. Jay was able to find a gun show where Davis might have purchased the guns from and there was another gun show soon so that was our main lead for now.

Hank assigned Jay and Kim to go undercover at the show, Hailey and I would stay close by as an extra pair of eyes on the outside and the rest of the team would park further away just listening in.

____

From the outside things were looking good, nothing was out of the ordinary and it seemed as though Kim and Jay had everything under control inside.

Kim made contact with two men who caught Jay's attention. "I want 10 pieces but I need to see the merchandise." Kim was very convincing.

"Alright, they're out back." One of the men spoke.

I had a bad feeling about this but I trusted Kim and I was going to let her play this out. I could hear Jay was chatting with a security guard.

"I'm gonna move, it'll look suspicious if we're both standing here," I told Hailey before Kim walked out with the suspects.

Hailey nodded. I made some distance, standing in an alley and putting my phone to my ear pretending to be distracted in a heated discussion with an imaginary person at the other end of the phone.