(46. Halloween)

HALLOWEEN SPECIAL🎃

*Special thanks to HugKnuckles for inspiring me with the idea for this part

Jay had gotten out of the hospital a couple of weeks ago and he was slowly coming back to being his normal self. I had been invited to a Halloween party last minute but I hadn't told Jay because I knew he would want to go and I was worried he was going to hurt himself since he wasn't actually fully healed.

But ultimately he saw a text on my phone the day before the party and insisted on us going and I couldn't say no to him. Since we had no time to get a costume we thought the easiest thing would be for us to either dress as cops or better yet, I thought we could dress as Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Jay had a suit and I had a black dress that worked perfectly and we just opted for buying fake guns at the dollar store.

We both got ready fairly quickly the day of the party and I could tell Jay was extremely excited about the fact that not only was this his first official outing after the accident but this was also our first time dressing up and going to an event ...

We both got ready fairly quickly the day of the party and I could tell Jay was extremely excited about the fact that not only was this his first official outing after the accident but this was also our first time dressing up and going to an event as an engaged couple.

"Jay, you ready to go?" I hollered at him from the kitchen where I had prepped his pills since I knew he would forget to take them before leaving.

"I'm coming!" He hollered from the bedroom a couple of seconds before running out and grabbing his coat ready to leave.

"Baby your medicine." I placed a cup of water down on the counter next to his pills

"That's right." He walked over and tossed all the pills into his mouth and took a big gulp of water.

"We're in no rush take your time." I laughed at his excitement.

"You look super hot Mrs. Smith" He smirked walking over to me and grabbing my dress by my hips pulling me into him.

"That's future Mrs. Halstead to you." I winked kissing him

"y/n Halstead." Has a nice ring to it. Jay smiled.

We kissed again then Jay took my hand guiding me outside. We got in the car and I drove us to the party where we saw it was already pretty crowded. We got out of the car hand in hand and walked in, Adam was there with Hailey since he had been invited too and they were dressed as Danny Zuko and Sandy Olsson.

"Yo what's up guys, How you doing man?" Adam greeted Jay after giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"We were about to go get drinks wanna come?" Hailey asked us.

"Nah why don't we go? You ladies wait for us by the terrace." Adam told us.

"Alright then." Hailey agreed and Jay and I simply nodded going our separate ways.

Hailey led the way to the terrace where there was a little bit more space, we went to stand by a corner and started chatting about work and life in general.

"Excuse me, ladies, you both look beautiful tonight." A guy dressed as the joker had come up to us.

"Thank you." Hailey and I just smiled before carrying on with our conversation.

"Mrs. Smith?" the man then asked me.

"Yep." I just nodded and gave him another smile hoping he'd move along but he still didn't.

"Do you maybe want to go get a drink?" He smirked stepping in between Hailey and I and extending his arm out to me.

I opened my mouth again ready to answer. "I brought her one already buddy." I heard Jay's voice. The guy turned around looking Jay up and down and taking in his costume.

"She your girlfriend?" He was snarky.

"She my fiancée." Jay used his fake smile that I loved so much.

I stepped around the guy grabbing my drink and linking arm with Jay. "It's true" I showed him my ring.

"My bad." He finally raised his hands defensively walking away.

"I cannot leave you alone for one minute can I?" Jay stepped beside me and we both leaned against the wall continuing our conversation with Adam and Hailey.

"Pardon my language but you are a smoking Mrs. Smith." A guy dressed as buzz light year commented.

"Dude!" Adam scoffed annoyed.

"I am literally right here." Jay straightened up.

"My bad thought you were security." The guy continued walking.

I just rolled my eyes and shook my head at the men thinking they had the right to comment on my body in the first place. The comments and looks continued not only being guys who decided to come and have a go at "seducing me" but also girls who decided to take their shot, although if I'm honest being incredibly more respectful and descent than any of the guys.

"I want to leave." Jay pouted.

"I told you we shouldn't come." I laughed at Jay's annoyance.

"I am totally teaching our son how to treat women right from day 1." Jay started telling me.

"Oh, you're planning our kids already?" I found it so cute how he thought about our family.

"Yeah, you kidding? We're spending the rest of our lives together remember?" He pointed at the ring on his finger.

"Okay, so what if we have a daughter?" I asked Jay.

"Well, she better be a lesbian because I'm gonna go insane if she gets a boyfriend." Jay was dead serious which made me laugh even more.

"Oh, baby you're gonna be the best father there ever was." We had now walked out of the party and were back in the car.

"Well how about we take the costumes to the bedroom and start practicing baby-making?" Jay laughed.

"I'd love to, but don't forget we've already gotten an A- in that area before so...let's be careful." Even though I didn't want to make the situation serious I still couldn't help but think about what had happened and how we really weren't in a place to have a family at this moment.

"Of course baby, I love you." he smiled resting his hand on my thigh.

"I love you too." I smiled back loving the feeling of his touch on my skin.