(1. Y/n)

*Part 1 is more of an introductory part (y/n's place and relationships in the district and her story) so I don't dive too much into Jay x y/n. You can go to Part 2 if you don't mind starting without context.

I walked into the 21st district like every morning, except today I was holding a large box of donuts. No, I didn't need to but this was my family. Ever since Trudy took me in when I was only 3 this is where I would spend most of my time. You see, Mom and Trudy were best friends, working together when one day both of them were shot, except Trudy survived and my mom...didn't, so Trudy was my mom, or Mah as I liked to called her. My dad was out of the picture way before, never really met him, and never really wanted to either.

I wasn't exactly popular growing up, being an orphan and having policemen and women pick me up from school I didn't exactly fit in. And once I was old enough all I wanted to do was to join the police academy. So all my friends, all my family was here.

"Morning." I plopped the box of donuts on the front desk with Trudy and a bunch of hands swooped in for a grab.

"Hi, honey, Don't you have to be upstairs?" She questioned me.

"We don't have a case yet and I told Hank I was swinging by for donuts."

"D'you wanna take those upstairs before these animals finish them?" Trudy eyed an officer as he was about to swoop in for a seconds.

I laughed "See you later Mah." I approached the gate.

I walked upstairs and saw Jay was in the coffee room. I felt my stomach flutter. I took a deep breath ready to head to the coffee room. Even though we were good friends and even partners occasionally I still couldn't shake that feeling off every time I saw him.

"oooo, are those for me?" I jumped when Adam appeared in front of me.

I looked past him and saw Erin was now talking with Jay and they were both laughing. "No Adam, I bought 2 dozens of donuts just for myself," I huffed annoyed.

"Someone woke up feisty today." Adam laughed.

I shrugged. "Sorry, Ruz I just didn't get a good sleep last night." I lied.

Adam turned slightly and realized what I was looking at. "yeah, I'm sure that's what it is." He giggled, taking a bite out of his donut.

I slapped his arm. "Shut up!" I had known Adam almost my whole life, being that sometimes he and I were stuck together in the district when Trudy and his dad were working late. He was like an older brother and we had graduated from the Police Academy together.

I walked to Antonio's desk and offered him a donut. Erin and Jay were still in the coffee room so I proceeded to offer everyone else a donut before going to Hank's office avoiding the coffee room at all costs.

"Hey Sarge, can I come in?" I knocked on Hank's door.

"Come on in." He smiled before giving me a side hug.

"Want a donut?" I held up the box.

He took one. "Why don't you drop the rest in the coffee room I'm sure these boys will gobble them all up." He gave me a wink.

"Of course, no case yet Sarge?." He shook his head then I walked out.

Erin and Jay were both now on their desks and I pretended not to notice as I walked into the coffee room.

"Hey!" I heard him behind me.

I turned around. "yep?" I tried to act casual.

"Can I have one?" Jay smirked at me. I first met Jay when Gabby and he were dating, little did I know he was a detective. Sure I thought he was hot, but he was dating my good friend so we were just friends, and after they broke up and he joined intelligence our friendship grew but that was all.

"Oh, sure, yeah, here." I approached his desk. "You look nice today." He looked me up and down while taking a donut.

"Ouch, good to know I didn't yesterday" I playfully placed a hand over my 'heart' and walked back to the coffee room.

"That's not what I-" He was interrupted.

Hank had come out of his office and told everyone to suit up. Once I walked out of the coffee room everyone had already walked out except for Adam, my current partner.

"Smooth." He winked at me laughing.

"I swear to god if I will strangle you." I jokingly threatened him. "Let's go." I took the car keys out of his hands. Adam knew I had been crushing on Jay ever since he joined the team. I hadn't told him, but he knew me too well he put two and two together fairly quickly.

A/N:

Welcome to another story. I'll be posting a new part every day. I tried to proofread everything before posting but if you catch any mistakes please let me know.

Comment any ideas that you want to see and vote on your favorite parts so I know what to include.

I have another completed and published Jay Halstead x reader story if you want to check that out.

Anyways hope you enjoy xx

A.M.