(44.1. Surprise)

"Jay where are we going?" I asked Jay, a smile tugging at the corner of my eye.

"Today was supposed to go more smoothly but I mean we're detective so what else could we expect." Jay giggled.

"Jay Alexander where are we going!" I was growing increasingly more nervous.

"Here I bought you this." He reached behind my car seat passing me a large box. I opened it to reveal a gorgeous burgundy dress and a separate box with some black heels.

"Oooh is this a surprise date?" I felt like I was falling in love with him all over again

"Kind of yeah." He giggled

We finally parked and we were in front of a hotel. "Mhm, mysterious." I squinted my eyes as a valet opened my door helping me out.

"Here, I have to go pick something up but I'll be back in like 30-40 minutes be ready." Jay handed me a room key before giving me a kiss and getting back in the car.

I was confused but went along with it walking into the hotel and following the arrows to the room. I unlocked the door and once I walked into the room I saw my toiletries on the bed along with some other things for me to get ready.

The first thing I did was hop in the shower, then I did my make-up, nothing much just my eyebrows, mascara, and some lip gloss, then I got dressed.

I was doing my hair when I heard a knock at my door. I looked through the peephole and saw Jay in a black suit. I opened the door and I put in the last bobby pin into my hair.

"So where are you taking me?" I asked him as he opened the door for me.

"It's a surprise." he winked and I could tell he was nervous.

I started getting nervous as well not knowing what to expect and wondering if I had forgotten our anniversary or some important day. "Jay I'm getting really nervous," I told him.

"Do you trust me?" He held his hand out for me.

"You know I do...more than anyone." I smiled.

"Alright, so you have nothing to worry about...I promise." He wouldn't stop smiling.

We walked outside of the hotel and Jay's car was already waiting for us at the front. The valet opened the door for me and I got in, as did Jay in the driver's seat.

He started driving. "I didn't forget our anniversary did I?" I tried to lighten the mood more for myself.

"No baby this is something else." He placed his hand on my thigh as we stopped at a red light.