(42.1. Trudy live)

Inspired by Chicago PD S5 Ep 16 Profiles and Chicago Fire S6, Ep 13 Hiding Not Seeking

Today was Trudy's special TV appearance, I knew she hated it but I had convinced her to do it so she forced me to be with her that day. She had to show up early so I told her I'd meet her there before she went on air.

Except I was running late since I stopped by the precinct. "Bye babe, see you later." I quickly kissed Jay.

"Bye, be careful." He let go of my hand.

"Will be. Bye everyone!" I quickly waved at the team.

"Bye." They all said in unison.

"Give Trudy a big smooch for me." Adam laughed knowing this was the worst day for Trudy.

I laughed as I quickly ran down and to my car. I was in the car when I got a call. "Hello?" I picked up with my car speakers.

"Hey Bear, how's TV?" I heard Kelly's voice.

"Well I wouldn't know...I'm running late." I admitted.

"Well Trudy's on right now, she looks horrified." He laughed.

"Oh god don't tell me I'm missing it, she's gonna kill me." I cursed myself.

"It only started like a minute ago." Kelly tried to help me not feel bad.

"Well I'm here so I'm gonna run in." I parked in front of the building. Disconnecting my phone from the car and walking out and around my car.

"Alright have fun, see you-" was the last thing I heard before I felt and heard a huge blast that sent my head and body slamming against my car.

I started coughing from all the dust that was flying around, I got up but my ears were ringing and I was kind of dizzy which made me stumble around. I touched my head and felt some blood coming out.

I then turned to face the building, a large piece missing at the top realizing Trudy was up there. "NO!" I yelled but couldn't hear myself.

I looked down trying to spot my phone and once I found it I picked it up only to see it was smashed right in the middle. I needed to go in and find Trudy.

The ringing in my ear started to cease and I knew I had to get a move on. There was a multitud of people running out of the building and I was going to run in.

"EVERYBODY OUT AND AWAY FROM THE BUILDING! IF YOU NEED MEDICAL ATTENTION STAY BY THE CORNER OF THE STREET!" I yelled to everyone. "HELP WILL COME SOON!" I continued running.

I reached the stairs and made my way up and as I did I noticed a water dispenser. I took my sweater off and poured as much water as I could on it bringing it up to my mouth as I continued making my way up.

Finally I reached the floor where I saw the fire was spreading quickly. "TRUDY!" I yelled a couple times as I moved forward feeling the heat spread across my body.

"Y/N?!" I heard Trudy's voice from a room.

I quickly made my way over. "Trudy?" I opened the door to see her there sitting against the wall with a woman unconscious and badly burned next to her.

"What are you doing here?" Trudy scolded me.

"Here." I pulled out a knife from my back pocket and made a rip down my sweater, I handed her a piece.

"I can't leave her." Trudy looked down at the woman.

"We won't, C,mon." I helped Trudy up.

"Honey we can't-" she was about to argue.

"Mah! Go! We're right behind you." I bent down to pick up the woman gathering up all my strength and throwing her on my back.

"Okay." Trudy finally accepted.

"GO! And don't look back I'm right behind you." I told Trudy. She made her way out of the room and kept walking forward.

But just before I was able too a column fell across the door blocking my way out. "SH*T." I yelled walking back.

I set the woman down and started looking for another way out but the smoke was getting too thick and the sweater over my face wasn't working anymore.

———————
Jay's POV//

We all watched as Trudy was sent flying across the street. "Y/n." was my first thought.

"Let's go!" Hank hollered at the team as we already started walking out.

I was about to grab my keys when Hailey beat me too it. "I'll drive." She told me.

I just nodded as we continued running out. I pulled out my phone trying to dial y/n but it went straight to voicemail. I then dialed Kelly.

"Jay is y/n okay?" He asked me, obvious concern in his voice.

"I was hoping you knew." I replied.

"We're on our way, y/n was on the phone with me when the explosion happened, but the call cut off." He told me which only made me more nervous.

"Okay, we're almost there." I hung up as we turned the corner.

We saw Trudy coming out and the guys from 51 were already there along with some more units. "Jay! Y/n she was behind me, she said she would follow." Trudy started panicking.

"I'll go." Kelly patted me as he ran inside, Cruz following close behind him.

I waited outside nervously, hoping she was okay. It felt like forever as we waited when I heard Kelly's voice in Boden's radio. "We found y/n chief, coming down."

————————-

Y/N's POV//

The fire was quickly rushing in when I heard someone yelling my name. Kelly. "IN HERE!" I yelled back.

I then saw the door open and Kelly and Cruz appeared. "Bear!" Kelly quickly rushed to me while Cruz picked up the woman.

"Trudy is she-" I started asking.

"She's okay, c,mon let's go." He helped me up holding me tightly while we made our way out.

We finally made it outside and I started taking a couple breaths of fresh air when I felt several people surround me.

"Baby!" Jay cupped my cheeks and I looked up at him.

"Honey, you said you were behind me." Trudy rubbed my back.

"Sis what the hell?" Adam messed up my hair.

"Sweetie let's get you some oxygen." Gabby pulled me away from my concerned family. But Jay followed close behind me.

Gabby sat me outside of an ambulance and gave me some oxygen telling me to just sit for a bit while my levels balanced out.

Jay sat next to me putting his arm around me and pulling me into him. "I'm okay Jay." I tried to reassure him.

"I know." He sighed. "I know baby." He rubbed my arm and kissed my forehead.