(20.1. Jessica Pope)

*Inspired by Chicago Fire S4 Ep 10 The beating heart, Chicago Med S1 Ep 5 Malignant, and Chicago PD S3 Ep 10 Now I'm God.

TW// Suicide, Cancer, Stabbing

Jay and I had decided to head to the bar to hang with some of the guys from the firehouse. We were having fun, chatting as usual. Herman had hired a young boy, Freddie Clemente, who was trying to get his life back together and he was helping them out at the bar.

"So I heard from the grapevine that you two are moving in together." Gabby oscillated her eyebrows at us.

I turned to Kelly scolding him with my stare. "I didn't know it was a secret." He lifted his hands up defensively.

Jay and I both laughed. "It isn't, we are but we're still in the process so keeping things low profile until everything is settled," I told Gabby, Jay nodding next to me.

We had been chatting for a while and Hermann hadn't come back from the back where he said he was gonna go grab another box of beer. "Where's Hermann?" I asked Otis and Gabby.

"He's probably distracted in the back." Otis shrugged it off.

"I'm gonna go check on him, see if he needs any help," I told them patting Jay's leg before hopping off the stool.

I walked around the back calling Hermann's name but heard just a faint whisper, I sped up my step. I turned the corner and saw Hermann laying in a pool of blood clutching his side.

"Christopher!" I quickly ran to him putting pressure on his wound. "HELP!!! GABBY!" I yelled to everyone else. "Who did this to you, Hermann?" I asked him trying to keep him conscious.

"Freddie." I just managed to make out his name.

"Ok Hermann stay with me." I tried keeping him alert. Gabby and Otis ran in then.

"Oh my god." I heard Gabby as she quickly came beside me inspecting his wound.

An ambulance had been called and I'd taken the knife Freddie left as evidence, I called for the patrolmen to keep an eye out for him. Jay and I made a clear path for the Ambulance all the way to the hospital while I called Cindy letting her know what happened as calmly as possible.

______

Jay and I had waited a while in the waiting room, Hermann was critical but we knew there wasn't much we could do so we thought we would go get some sleep before tomorrow.

I got home and still had some of Hermann's dried blood on my hands and clothes. My breath hitched as I took a minute looking at my hands just praying Hermann would be ok.

"Babe?" I heard and turned to see Jay was now standing in front of me,

"Sorry what?" I shook my head getting out of my head.

"I asked you if you wanted some dinner" he repeated.

"Oh, no I'm not hungry I think I'll just hop in the shower and go to bed." I told him.

"Listen, I know you're worried about Christopher but you need take care of yourself." Jay pulled me in for a hug resting his head on top of mine. "I'll make dinner, you hop in the shower and come get something to eat when you're ready." he pulled away kissing the top of my head.