(17. Beckett)

*Inspired by Chicago P.D s3 ep 4 Debts of the past

Jay and I were in my apartment, as usual, we had just had dinner and were on the couch. We were both falling asleep on each other when I felt my phone buzz beside me.

"Mmm," Jay hummed in annoyance sleepy.

I turned it and saw Antonio was calling me. I picked up. "Hey what's up? Everything okay?" I asked

"No, someones attempted to kill Voights' family" I sat up taken aback at what I was hearing. "We need everyone back at the office now." He quickly explained.

"We're on our way," I said hanging up and getting up from the couch fully awake now.

"What's wrong?" Jay asked me also waking up and starting to get up.

"We need to change and get to the office, someone tried killing Hank and his family," I told him as I rushed to the bedroom to change.

——————-

We got to the office and everyone was already there except for Kev who arrived shortly after.

I walked up to Hank and gave him a hug. "How's Justin, Olive, and the baby?" I asked him.

"They're fine, they're at the hospital, Natalie's checking on the baby just in case." He told me.

"I'm glad you're ok." I shot him a smile but I could tell he was furious ready to catch the culprit.

Hank was sure he knew who did this. James Beckett, a man he himself had put in prison years prior and who was recently released due to new information provided by Bunny Fletcher.

To the media, there would be no way this was the culprit given that Beckett had made sure to appear as innocent as a baby in all interviews making Hank and the unit look evil.

Catching Beckett was proving harder than we thought, given that he was working through people and we were finding one person after the other but soon enough we would find someone that would lead us right to him.

Jay and I had been put in charge of finding Nathan Whitcomb, a man who possibly took the money. Once we did we brought him into the office and after some not-so-kind persuasion from Hank we were able to get him to meet up with Beckett.

Jay and I were positioned at the top of the building next door to where the meet-up would take place. I had binoculars and I was tasked with keeping a close eye on Whitcomb and Beckett while Jay, using his marksmen skills was tasked with holding a shot on Beckett in case things went south.

Jay and I had finished setting up and we had a while before Beckett was set to show up.

"All good?" I asked him

"Yep, you?" He asked me as well.

"All good." I gave him a thumbs up.

"I don't think I'll ever understand how someone can be ok with killing a baby." I started thinking about Voights family.