(31. Hit and Run)

*Inspired by Season 4, Ep 9 Don't bury this case

I was asleep when I heard my phone ring. Jay grunted, I rolled over and picked it up.

"Hello?" I didn't even look at who was calling.

"y/n, we need your help ." I heard Hermann's voice.

"Hermann? What's wrong?" I was suddenly super awake, I sat up on the bed.

Jay turned on the bed to face me. "It's Kelly...He-" Hermann began. I felt my heart drop.

"Kelly? What's wrong? Hermann, what happened?" I urged him to hurry up and tell me.

"We found his car, on a crash scene. He's not picking up and we don't know if he-" Before Hermann could finish I hung up rushing to get ready.

"Babe is everything alright?" Jay started questioning getting up and starting to get dressed himself.

I was dialing so I didn't answer him. "Hank? Hey- you need to come with me, Severide could possibly be involved in a hit and run." I told him.

"Alright, meet you at his place," Hank answered and hung up.

"Kelly what?" Jay asked surprised.

"They think he hit someone and ran because his car was found at the scene and there's a mother and child in the hospital and Kelly's not answering his phone." I started rambling.

"Hey, hey hey, calm down." Jay grabbed my hands. "We'll figure this out okay." He tried calming me.

I ran a hand through my hair stressed. "He didn't do it, Jay, he just...couldn't have," I told Jay trying to convince myself more than him.

_____

Hank and I got to Kelly's apartment, we knocked and Kelly came to answer. When he opened we saw him looking hungover as ever with a cut to his forehead, blood dripping down from it.

I sighed starting to question the verity of the situation. "Kelly, grab your jacket you need to come with us." Hank told him. I kept my head down trying to keep it together.

"y/n what's going on? What is this?" Kelly started asking me. Hank noticed I was struggling to hold everything back.

"We'll talk at the station, c,mon." Hank told Kelly again.

"Bear look at me, what did I do?" I looked up at Kelly. I couldn't help but tear up a little.

"Just come with us Kelly...please." was all I said.

____

Once Kelly was at the station Hank asked me to stay back and not participate in the interrogation with Kelly since I was too close. Erin and Hank went in and Kelly explained how he was in a bad mood because of what was going with Anna and her chemo. But he still wasn't able to remember if he drove the car or not or how he got his injury.

"I'm sorry Kelly but we're gonna have to lock you up for now," Hank told Kelly. I felt completely useless not being able to get Kelly out of this situation and knowing that this wasn't looking good for him.

After the interrogation was done and Kelly walked out I met him. "We're gonna figure this out okay." I tried to force a smile.

"Bear, I need you to promise me something," Kelly told me.

"What?" I knew where this was going.

"If I did it... if it was me... I need you to lock me up and don't try to get me out." Hank, Erin and Jay were all there listening to us.