(37. He's an idiot)

Hank had given me a couple of days off work while my bruises healed up slightly. I had tried spending most of my time out of the apartment since it only reminded me of Him.

During one of my outings, I came back to find Jay's things gone and his keys set down on the cupboard by the door. It was hard, accepting the fact that it was over but I knew I had to get things together before getting back to work.

I was watching tv and drinking some beer one evening when my phone started ringing. "Hello?" I picked up not bothering to look at who it was.

"Hey sis how you doing?" I recognized Adam's voice.

"Much better, healed up pretty nicely." I tried to sound upbeat.

"Yeah?" I could tell he was worried.

"Yes, Adam I'm fine." We both knew we weren't talking about my physical bruises.

"Listen, the new girl, Hailey she's a real gem, she's settling in pretty nicely. She uhmm-" he started but paused.

"She what?" I broke the silence.

"Nevermind, Do you want me to come over, take some beers maybe?" He tried to shrug it off.

"Adam, what is it?" I asked him to tell me.

"She thinks Jay is having a relationship with one of the women we're doing some undercover work with." He told me.

I felt a sharp pain in my chest. "Oh, okay. I mean we're broken up so it doesn't matter." I tried to shrug it off.

"Y/n." Adam could tell I was lying.

"Adam there's nothing I can do about it. It's over." I told him.

"Do you want me to come over?" He asked me.

"No, I'm okay I promise, I have to go." I didn't let him answer before I hung up.

I downed the beer I was drinking thinking about what Adam had told me and shedding a few tears. But I was done crying about him. I got up and headed to my room to get changed.

————————

I walked up the stairs and knocked on the door. I heard him coming to the door. "Hey?" Kelly was surprised to see me there.

"Hey, look Sev I know you just lost Anna but I need my best friend right now please." I rambled.

"Come." He smiled letting me into his house.

He told me he was already feeling better about Anna and asked me to tell him what happened between Jay and I.

"And I just don't want to think about it anymore, I mean he's obviously moved on." I finished and took a sip of my beer.

"He's an idiot," Kelly commented. "And you are too." He laughed taking a sip of his beer.

"Why me?!" I laughed.

"He's obviously still in love with you so he picked the first girl he saw to keep his mind off you." He told me.

"Well whatever, I'm not crawling to him and begging him to take me back if that's what he thinks." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sure he'll come around." Kelly smiled at me.

"I'm not sure I want him to." I forced a smile too.

Kelly and I stared at each other for a while just taking in the situation. In a split second spur of the moment, we both leaned forward crashing our lips together.

Kelly pulled away. "Woah, maybe we shouldn't-" he started.

"No yeah that's not a good idea." I finished for him.

But 1 second later we were making out again. He pulled me onto his lap, my legs on either side of him as we continued making out. He pulled my shirt off and I did the same to him.

He stood up lifting me with him and taking me too his bedroom where he dropped me down on the bed. He stripped my jeans off before he took his off.

———————-

I woke up and it took me a second to remember what had happened last night, a smile tugging at the corner of my mouth. I felt my naked body under the sheets and I turned slightly to see Kelly was still sleeping.

I got up quietly and got dressed, heading to the kitchen to grab some coffee. "Morning Bear." I heard Kelly.

"Morning." I replied passing him the cup of coffee I had poured.

We were both smiling. "Last night was fun." Kelly smirked sipping the coffee.

"It was." I smiled back taking a sip of the second coffee I had poured for myself. "Listen I'm not looking for a relationship right now-" I began.

"Oh no, me neither. Purely physical." He agreed with me.

"Right." I nodded. "But it was nice, I needed that." I laughed.

My phone buzzed, I checked it and it was Hank asking me to come in today. "What is it?" Kelly asked me.

"I have to get to work, I'm gonna call a cab." I told him taking a large sip of coffee.

"I'll drive you, I'm headed to work anyways." He finished his coffee.

———————

Kelly pulled up at the back entrance. "Thanks, Kel, be safe at work." I leaned over to kiss his cheek.

"Of course, you too." He kissed my cheek too.

I hopped out of his car and I was walking around when he rolled his window down. "What's up?" I asked walking over to the window.

"D'you want me to pick you up after work? I finish early tonight." He asked me.

"That would be great." I smiled.

"Alright, see you Bear." He smiled back as he drove off.

I turned to continue walking to the building when I saw Jay standing by his car just staring in my direction. He realized I noticed and pretended to get something in his car.

I sped up and got into the building going upstairs quickly. Jay took a while to come upstairs and in that time Kev and Adam had caught me up on the case and what we had so far.

"So Jay's staying under for now." Kev finished.

"Okay copy that." I nodded walking over to my desk, Jay had already sat at his.

"Hey, I went over to your house last night, knocked a couple of times," Adam told me.

"Oh yeah sorry, I didn't stay at my apartment last night," I told him.

I heard Jay clear his throat and then I watched as he got up and headed to the coffee room. I felt a tinge of guilt, knowing he probably put two and two together but remembering he was the one who broke things off.

I started doing some paperwork. "Nice mug," Hailey commented to Jay smiling.

I turned and saw Jay was drinking out of the mug that said 'this guy loved his girlfriend.' He noticed me staring and we looked at each other for a few seconds before he looked away carrying on with whatever he was doing.