(34. Lexie Olinsky ✞)

** Inspired by Chicago PD Emotional Proximity Season 4 Ep 16

Jay and I were having dinner at a Pizzeria when we both got a text on our phones from Erin.

Lindsay: Get to Med asap, It's Lexie

The text read. Jay and I turned to look at each other, concern filling our eyes. We both got up and ran out. Jay hopped into the driver's seat and we rushed to the hospital.

We then started hearing a lot of communication through the radio about a warehouse fire and all of the bodies they had pulled out.

I took out my phone and texted Kelly.

You: Hey Sev, hope you're okay, heading to Med now. Let me know if you guys need backup.

I sent. I didn't expect him to return my text any time soon but it gave me peace of mind knowing he would see it once he had a minute.

We pulled up at Med and Jay and I ran out of the car and straight into the E.R. We got there at the same time as Meredith and once we walked in we watched as Will made an incision on the side of Lexie's body. Al and Meredith watching in horror.

Jay and I turned to look at each other, tears welling up in my eyes. Boden grabbed Meredith keeping her from going into the room but also giving her a feeling of comfort and support.

"Close the curtains!" Will ordered a nurse as we all watched. He gave Jay and me a nod letting us know he was gonna do everything he could before the curtains shut.

I put my arm around Meredith as we walked back to the waiting room which was packed with injured teenagers and worried parents. I found a seat for Meredith and looked around noticing the nurses doing everything they could to attend to each patient.

"Jay I need to help, let me know if you need me," I told him and he too acknowledged the need for help.

"Alright, be careful." He kissed my forehead.

"Fetch Meredith some tea," I asked him.

"I will." He gave me a very faint smile.

I walked over to Maggie. "Thank God honey, please take these." She handed me some gauze and disinfectant before I even spoke. "These are the non-critical patients, we just need to dress their wounds while we wait for more beds to open up." She let me know.

"Okay." I nodded and walked to a corner of the room where the nurses hadn't reached yet. Even though I was treating as many people as I could I couldn't help but worry for Lexie, turning every once in a while to see the worry in Al and Meredith's faces.

I had just finished dressing a young girl's wound when I got a text. I took out my phone.

Kelly ❤️‍🔥: I'm alright, just finished up. Heard about Olinsky's daughter, heading to Med now.

I sighed relieved that he was safe, I put my phone away and continued helping to try to keep my mind distracted.

——————-