(39.3. Wake up)

Jay's POV//

We were all sitting in the waiting room, I felt physically sick not knowing what was going on with y/n in there. Gabby and Sylvie had stayed and some of the guys from the firehouse had arrived with Kelly, Trudy, and Mouch after hearing the news. It felt like we'd been waiting for forever when Ethan finally walked out.

We all got up. "She's stable for now, but she's not awake, she had some brain swelling and I'm sorry but we weren't able to save the baby," Ethan told us. I heard gasps around me.

"Can we see her?" Trudy asked Ethan.

"Yes, but I can only let in 2 people for now," Ethan told her.

Trudy and I nodded at each other agreeing that it would be us. We followed after Ethan through the hallways until getting to her room. I was relieved to see her looking better but hated seeing all kinds of tubes and wires connected to her.

"Can she hear us?" Trudy asked.

"It's possible but we can't be sure." Ethan gave her a faint smile.

"Hey sweetheart, it's me, Mah." Trudy started crying as she sat on a chair next to her bed. "You're gonna be okay, I'm right here with you baby." She grabbed y/n's hand and rested her head on the space next to y/n crying harder.

I couldn't hold my tears in. I approached y/n on the opposite side and took her hand. "Hi babe, I'm here." I started talking to her. "I'm sorry about what I said earlier, I was just so nervous and excited about being a dad."

Trudy took my hand giving it a tight squeeze. "I'm so sorry." She whispered to me.

"But Trudy's right, you're gonna be okay." I continued talking to her. "You need to be because I can't live without you, I just can't." I broke down. "I love you infinity roundtrips to infinity and beyond." I bent down to kiss her forehead.

I didn't want to leave her side. Trudy and I stayed with her for a while just talking to her and letting her know we were there, asking her to fight for us. Trudy left after a while and a short time after I heard someone arrive.

Kelly was at the doorway and as soon as he took a look at y/n, the bruises all over her face and bandages covering her body, he too broke down crying. He walked over to y/n taking her hand.

Kelly POV//

"Hi, Bear...it's me Kels." I forced a smile. "What did you get yourself into now huh?" I started joking with her, that was the relationship we had. "You look messed up Bear." I stifled a laugh but soon lost my smile again. "But you're gonna be okay, you know that. Because you're the strongest person I've ever met, and I can't lose you...not you too." I thought about Shay and Anna.

Jay sat back on his chair not letting go of y/n's hand. "Kelly I need to talk to you." He spoke, I could tell he had been crying.

"Okay." I thought he was angry at me about something.

He got up and stepped out of the room and I followed after him. "Kelly, y/n was pregnant, she lost the baby." He told me.

"I heard, I'm so sorry man." I wasn't sure what to tell him.

"Uhmm, this is hard for me to say but y/n, she told me there was a possibility this baby might have been yours." He looked up at me.

"What?" It was like I heard exactly what he said but I couldn't process it.

"She calculated the time of conception and it was around the same time she last slept with you and that we got back together. This baby could have been yours." He repeated.