(21. Care Bear)

* Inspired by Season 3, Ep 11 Knocked the family right out

*TW// R*pe, Sexual Assault

Jay and I had been called to a scene involving a home burglary, except it wasn't any regular home burglary since not only was the family home at the time, but they all slept through it.

Jay and I had waited outside for a few minutes while the guys from 51 checked the house for gas leaks that might have caused the sleeping family.

Kelly walked out, taking his mask off and walking towards us. "Anything come up?" Jay asked him.

"Something came up, our numbers registered a really high dose of nitrous gas," Kelly told us.

"Laughing gas?" I recognized the name.

"Yeah, more commonly used in dental clinics, except this dose was much higher which caused the family to sleep right through the burglary." He explained.

"Is it safe to go in?" Jay asked him.

"Yeah, gas is mostly gone, might feel light headed but that's all, just keep the windows and doors open for ventilation." He gave us the ok.

"Thanks, Kel," I said patting him on the chest as I walked past him and into the bulding.

"See you later Bear, see ya, Jay." He waved goodbye.

"You never told me why he calls you that," Jay mentioned as we began walking into the building.

"Yeah well, you never asked," I answered back turning to give him a forced smile, he slowed down but I kept walking at the same pace.

He sped up to catch up to me. "Ok wait so why does he call you that?" He then asked me.

I sighed and turned to face him giving him a 'really?' look. "Ok, so when Shay died I was over at Kelly's a lot, we spent a lot of time together, and no not the way you're thinking but I was just there for him so Kelly used to say a lot that I was like his Care Bear," I explained waiting to see what he had to say.

"Oh." That was all he said. "Okay, that's actually really sweet." He admitted.

I scoffed and kept walking. Not long after Jay and I had started looking for evidence around the house when the rest of the team arrived. I quickly told them the information Kelly had given us about the nitrous gas before Hank told us to spread out. He asked Erin and me to check the daughters' bedroom.

We walked in and started looking around finding a couple of tossed things here and there. I then pulled back the cover from the bed seeing blood spattered on the lower part of the bed. "Erin," I called her and she quickly switched her attention to where I was looking.

"I really hope it's not what we think." She gave me a sad look which I returned.

Erin decided to go talk to the young girl while I let the rest of the team know about our horrible discovery. This only drove everyone to work harder to solve this case and catch the people involved in it.

After doing some digging on the case we found out that this wasn't the first time this kind of thing had happened in other states but it looked as though we were the only ones who had made the connection.

We were all working in the office trying to find more leads when Erin came back letting us know she had a lead. This guy name Spencer had been buying nitrous gas in large quantities and he was gonna be at a party tonight which we had access to thanks to Erin.