(38. Camila Vega)

*Inspired by Chicago PD S5 Ep 10 Rabbit Hole

I was called into work early, Kelly had stayed over at my place this time and it had actually helped me not to hate the ambiance in there any longer.

I walked into work and started making some calls regarding what happened this morning with the shooting Jay had been present at.

"Alright, we'll get on it Sarge." Adam hung up.

"What do we know?" I asked him.

"Victim was an undercover cop, Jay's been drinking so Voight told him to come back here, should be arriving soon." Adam told me.

"Okay." I nodded rolling my eyes to myself at Jay's behavior.

I was making a call to the coroner's office when Jay walked in. "Let me call you back." I hung up.

"Hey man." Adam greeted him handing him a cup of coffee.

"You alright?" I asked from my desk.

Jay simply scoffed shaking his head at me before walking to the lockers. Adam gave me an apologetic look. It sucked having Jay treat me like this, someone who swore to love me forever not long ago. But I also knew Jay wasn't like this and I was worried.

I thought about it for a minute but ultimately decided to head to the locker room to check on Jay. He was washing his face.

I slowly approached him, leaning on the sink next to him. "Jay, what's going on?" I asked.

"Nothing I'm fine." He grabbed a towel to dry his face.

"Jay I'm worried-" I started.

"Don't we're not together anymore!" He was harsh.

"Trust me Jay that's crystal clear but that doesn't change the fact that I still care about you." I talked back to him.

He took a deep breath before turning to face me. "What do you want from me?" He asked frustrated.

"I want to know that you're okay," I answered frustrated too.

"I told you, I'm okay." He began walking off.

"Why are you being like this? What did I do to make you treat me like this? To hate me so much?" I started tearing up.

I saw his breath hitch before he turned back around. "Haven't you moved on yet?" He walked up to me.

"What?"

"Haven't you been sleeping with Kelly?" He asked.

I felt that tinge of guilt again but it was soon replaced with anger. "You're unbelievable." I scoffed.

"Right." He started getting agitated.

"Okay, you wanna know if I've been sleeping with Kelly?" I walked up to him this time. "It's the same answer to these questions Jay, Have you been sleeping with Camila Vega? And are you in a relationship with her?" I looked up at his eyes.