Chapter 10: On The Way To California

Kinjal's P.O.V

Today is the day I'm leaving my family friends and India. I am very excited, nervous, scared and happy. It's the first time I'm going to travel on a plane. All emotions are just consuming me. I checked the time it was 1 pm. I checked everything my certificate, documents, purse, money.

As usual I was wearing black jeans and a light yellow sleeveless t shirt which had "Perfect" written on it in sparkling red. I wore light yellow ballet flats. I was wearing yellow rose shaped earrings, my white watch and the most important my anklet and ring. I tied my hair in a clip and left rest of the hair down.

On western outfits I wear anklet only on left leg but in traditional outfits on both the legs.

I took my purse suitcases to my car with the help of Bunty. I took a look last time at my flat and locked the door. We went to the car and drove off to the airport. By the time we reached it was 3pm and flight was at 5pm. I took a look at the airport and spotted Dhiru Uncle. I waved at him to come to me. I took my suitcases out and hugged Bunty.

Me: Well this is it

Bunty: Yaa

Me: I'm taking my flat and car keys with me. Tell my mom the extra keys for the flat is in the drawer of my wardrobe and the extra car keys are with you. Drive safely ok when you reach Gujarat text or call me ok

Bunty: Ok take care of yourself

Me: I will

Uncle: C'mon Kinju we have to check in your luggage and everything

Me: Ok bye Bunty I'll miss you

Bunty: Bye I'll miss you too

Uncle helped me to take my suitcase. We checked in everything and were waiting for our flight to be called.

Announcement: Passengers for the flight to California board at gate no. 3

We got up went through the security and they checked our tickets, passport and visa.

Lady: Enjoy your flight

Me: Thank you

We went on the plane it was amazing. I can't even describe. My seat was besides the window and uncle was next to me.

Flight Attendant: Everyone please switch off your cell phones and fasten your seat belts

I switched off my phone. Uncle helped me to fasten my seat belt as I didn't know how to do it.

The plane started to take off. My heart beat started to increase.

Uncle: Don't worry it will be fine

He squeezed my hand. The plane started to take speed and now the airport was nowhere in sight

Well this is it

Bye Bye India, California Here I Come

*****