Chapter 39: Distant

July 2023

Kinjal's P.O.V

After Justin's birthday, he went on tour. I celebrated his birthday with his family. I gifted him a giant photo album, where I had put all the pictures from his childhood till here and there were many pages left to put pictures for the rest of his journey. We have become a distant lately, I think it's because of tour. He is coming back today for some days to rest and go back to the tour. I'm in my purple pj's and I'm making dinner for us. I made spaghetti, pasta and Indian pizza. I set the table. I saw the time it was 9 pm. Justin will be back at 10. I decided to wait for him in the living room. I switched on the TV to a random show, I was not even paying attention. I don't know what was the time I drifted of to sleep.

I woke up with the sound of door opening and closing. I saw the time it was 12. I got up and saw Justin entering the living room. I went and hugged him tightly.

Me: I missed you so much

Justin: I missed you too

Me: Want something to eat

Justin: I already ate. I'm going to the room.

I nodded. He went upstairs. I went to the kitchen, I also lost my appetite. I took everything I had made and kept in the fridge. I went upstairs and saw Justin sitting on the chair. I went behind him and started massaging his neck and shoulders.

Justin: What are you doing?

Me: Just relax

He nodded and closed his eyes. When I finished he opened his eyes.

Justin: Thanks Kinjal

I got hurt but smiled at him. He didn't call me baby, babe or Kinu. He called me by my name. He got up and went to the bed, I also followed him. I turned around so my back was facing him, I signed and closed my eyes. But I couldn't sleep. I got out of bed quietly. I took a novel, I went towards Justin kissed him on the forehead and whispered

Me: Good Night Jay, I love you

I went downstairs and sat on the couch in the living room. I suddenly felt emotional, so I hugged the book tightly and cried myself to sleep.

_____________

Justin's P.O.V

I know I shouldn't do this but from when I'm on tour, I'm with Selena. Maybe I made a mistake by marrying Kinjal. It's like whenever I'm with Selena all the feelings for her came back to me, when we had on and off relationship. I think I have always loved Selena but I never realised it. I heard Kinjal getting up but I didn't open my eyes. She came and kissed my forehead.

Kinjal: Good Night Jay, I love you

I heard her footsteps going downstairs. I signed and sat up. It's been a while but she didn't come back. Should I check up on her? I got up and went downstairs. I saw her curled up on the couch. I went towards her. I took the book out of her hand and wrapped a blanket around her. I noticed dried tear stains on her cheek. If I like Selena I think I should make Kinjal free from this relation. I signed and went to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and saw spaghetti, pasta and pizza as it is. I took a bottle and drank water. She didn't even eat. I signed and went upstairs. I don't know how long I was thinking but I eventually went to sleep.

_______________

Selena's P.O.V

I love Justin. But I know he's not the one for me. When he got married, it was like the whole world forgot about me. I know its wrong to use someone for fame. But I can't help it. As long as I don't meet that special someone I need Justin in my life. So no one forgets about me. I know I'm being unfair to Kinjal but life is not fair with everyone.

*****