Chapter 40: Divorce

After few days

Kinjal's P.O.V

Today Justin is leaving again, to go back on tour. We just talked but didn't spend time with each other. I was getting a feeling that something bad is going to happen. It must be because from the past few days I'm not feeling well. Whatever I eat, I throw up and I keep getting cravings for different food. I just ignored it. Justin came in the room.

Justin: I'm leaving Kinjal

I nodded and got up. I followed him downstairs. He took his bags and kept them in the bus. He came back in the house.

Justin: I wanted to give you something

I nodded. He took a file and handed to me. I looked at him confused but he was looking at the floor. I took the file and opened it

Me: Divorce Papers

I whispered. I felt like I forgot how to breathe. I took a deep breath to hold back my tears. I looked at Justin and whispered the only thing that was on my mind.

Me: Why

Justin: I'm cheating on you with Selena. I don't deserve you. I made a mistake. I have always loved Selena but I never realised it. I just don't want to held you captive in this relationship when it's not working. So I want to make you free.

Me: I need time

He nodded and left. When I heard the tour bus leave, I broke down. I fell to my knees curled up in a ball and cried. When there were no tears left I went upstairs and packed everything. I took Justin's white button up shirt with me. When everything was packed I took all my suitcases and went downstairs, I took the file and went to my house. I took everything to my room. I curled up on my bed and stared blankly outside my balcony door. I kept the file besides me.

Jake: Mom are you hear?

I didn't respond. I heard the door open and close. Jake came and sat in front of me. I looked at him emotionless.

Jake: What's up with these suitcases, what happened, is everything alright?

I just handed him the file. He looked at it, his eyes widened. He looked at me hurt, angry, confused.

Jake: Mom say something

I took the file from his hands. My heart was beating fast and my hands were shaking. I shakily took a breath and looked at the file. I saw Justin had already signed it. That's when I broke down again. Jake hugged me tightly and rocked us back and forth. I sobbed in his chest for don't know how long and felt asleep in my boy's arms.

*****