Chapter 11: California

Kinjal's P.O.V

Someone was shaking me. I woke up and saw that it was Dhiru Uncle. I looked out of the plane and saw that we had already landed. I checked the time it was 10 but it was according to Indian Standard Time. I switched on my cell and checked the time according to California I was surprised to see that it was 10, it's morning in California but now it should be night in India.

We got out of plane took our luggage hired a cab to Uncle's apartment. We reached the apartment at 11. Uncle paid for the cab we took our luggage and went to the apartment. It was really good it had 3 bedrooms with attached bathrooms, living room and kitchen.

Uncle: Here this is your room to your left is my room

Me: Ok

The room was the same as the one in India also same colour. I kept my suitcases at the bedside. I decided to take a shower. I opened my suitcase took out 3/4th blue jeans and purple crop top. I took out my jewellery and kept on the vanity. I took a look at the mirror and saw my hair was a mess. I took my towel, robe and undergarments and went to my bathroom. I took a hot shower, brushed my teeth and tied my hair in towel. I changed into the outfit wore my anklet and ring, watch I decided not to wear earrings and nose piercing. I took my half jean jacket and my purse with passport and visa and some money. I went to the kitchen and saw uncle taking out pizzas in the plate.

Uncle: I ordered pizza. I hope you don't mind

Me: No not at all

I took a seat at the dining table it was a table for 6. He saw me and raised his eyebrow and asked

Uncle: Going somewhere?

Me: Yeah I wanted to go to bank and open an account so that I can transfer my money from Indian account and change the currency. After that I wanted to go to mall to buy some things.

Uncle: But will you manage alone?

Me: I will. Can I borrow some dollars from you because I don't have

He gave me 500 dollars

Me: I don't want so much.

Uncle: Keep it you are going for shopping you'll need it.

Me: Thanks uncle. I'll return it back to you.

We ate the pizza. I wore my jacket purple flats and was leaving when uncle stopped me

Uncle: Here keep these keys with you. They are this apartment keys you'll need it as you are staying here from now. I'm going to sleep if you get lost or something just call me ok

Me: Ok bye

Uncle: Bye

I got out and took a cab to the bank. When I got to the bank I opened a new account and transferred 3/4th amount of money in it. They gave me bank books and credit card for my account. I took them and kept in my purse and left to the mall.

When I reached the mall I straight away went to Apple Store and bought an iPhone 5S in golden, iPad and Mac book. I bought formal shirts blazers and pencil skirts. I then went to Forever 21 and Hollister. I bought lots of shorts, skirts, t shirts, shirts and shoes. I always wanted to wear shorts but my grandma never allowed me. I only had converse shoes so I bought boots (ankle and knee), supras, sneakers, uggs and purple and peach heels. I then bought perfumes (Girlfriend and The Key), body wash, shampoos and conditioners of different fruit flavours. I then bought mascara, eyeliner, lip gloss, lip balm and foundation. I also bought hair dryer, straighter, curling iron and hair spray. I then went to bookstore I bought Justin Bieber's books, Nicholas Sparks and Chetan Bhagat novels, Twilight, The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Fault In Our Stars. I also bought Never Say Never and Believe movie cds along with all Justin Bieber's music albums, and some other movies.

With a lot of effort I took everything and exited the mall. Thank god I got the cab immediately my arms were paining a lot. When I reached the apartment it was 6pm. I took all the bags to the apartment with the help of cab driver. I paid him extra tip for help.

Uncle: Woah I think you bought the whole mall

Me: These are the things which I require

Uncle: Ok

I took everything to my room and unpacked. By the time I finished it was 9 pm. I changed into my pj's which was red t shirt with a Mickey Mouse on it and 3/4th red shorts with white cross lines. I tied my hair in a bun with a clip. I went in the living room and saw uncle watching TV. I sat down with him.

Uncle: You are ok with the pizza? I was so tired that I didn't cook anything

Me: Yeah I'm ok with it

Uncle: You're not tired?

Me: I'm very tired

Uncle: Ok lets eat and rest we have to go to the office tomorrow

Me: Ok

We went to the kitchen, uncle heated the pizza while I set the table. We ate and I was leaving when uncle called me

Uncle: Wake up at 7 am ok so you'll get ready on time. We'll leave at 8 it will take 30 to 45 minutes to reach the office

Me: Ok good night uncle

I kissed him on the cheek

Uncle: Good Night kiddo have sweet dreams

I went to my room brushed my teeth set up an alarm of 6:30 and got under the covers and drifted of to my dreamland

I hope my first day goes well

*****