Chapter 9: Last 2 Days In India

Next Day

Kinjal's P.O.V

I woke up and saw that it was already 11 am. I did my usual routine and got dressed in gray jeans, black button up shirt with white vertical horizontal lines on it and wore black flats. I took my purse and went to Bunty's room.

Me: Bunty I'm going to collect my visa

Bunty: Ok do you want me to come?

Me: No it's ok I'll go by myself. Just be ready at 1 pm, we are going out for lunch

Bunty: Ok

I went to the agent collected my visa and came back. Picked up Bunty and we had our lunch in a restaurant.

Later in the evening

All my friends came with beers, vodkas and cold drinks. Bunty was so mad at them and I was shocked.

Me: Are you guys crazy.....!!!

A: Ohhh c'mon Kin you are not drinking for the first time

Me: I know but my house will be a mess. I don't have time to clean

Ak: We'll help you

Me: Promise

Everyone: Promise

Me: You all are staying the night right

M: Duh

Me: Just making sure

Eventually Bunty also agreed. We spent the whole night drinking, laughing, sharing stories and eating. Everyone crashed in the living room itself on the mattress with blankets. Bunty went in his room to sleep. Everyone slept at 2 am. I was still awake, I decided to clean some mess. You can tell I don't get drunk so easily so I was sober. I took all the bottles in the kitchen. When I turned around I saw Rahul entering the kitchen with plates.

Me: I thought you were sleeping

R: No I was awake but kept my eyes closed

I was leaning on the kitchen counter and he was leaning on the wall. We just stood there in silence.

R: So

Me: Huh?

R: You are really leaving

Me: Yeah

I mumbled looking down. He came and stood in front of me. He lifted up my chin.

R: I'm happy for you Kinu

Me: Really

R: Yes

Me: But how will I live there alone

R: You'll be fine don't worry

Me: Okay

I breathed out

R: Before you go I just wanted to say that I really like you Kinjal. When I broke up with you. I regretted it. I wanted to talk to you but never got the courage.

Me: I really like you too

R: Can I do something

Me: What

He started to lean I could feel his breath on my lips.

Me: Please don't

I wanted to kiss him too but I don't know what took over me. He just signed and kissed my forehead. He started to leave but I grabbed his hand.

Me: It's not that I don't want to kiss you I want to but I had kissed a boy last in 2012 and now it's 2017. And I am leaving so I don't want to lead you to anything. I don't want you to wait for me if I came back and if we still have feelings for each other. Then I'm ready to give us a try.

R: I understand

He hugged me and kissed my cheek and went to sleep.

After some time I also went to sleep. By the time I went to sleep it was 3am.

Next Day in the afternoon

When I woke up it was 2pm. I took a shower and wore my pj's. I saw that everyone was eating McDonald's

A: Hey Kin. Here it's for you

He passed me a bag with fries and burger. I opened it and started eating.

Me: You guys remember right you have to help me to clean

M: We know and don't worry we are going to help you to clean

Me: Good

We finished eating and started cleaning. By the time we finished it was 6pm. After that everyone left with goodbyes and tears.

I'm already missing everyone

*****