Light Show at the G.C.P.D. 12.4

Third Person POV

Despite the fact that all of his advances hadn't gone too well so far, Ed was sure that his next idea would go down well. Better than the bullet in the cupcake at least. So when he had a free moment in his shift, he smoothed out his hair in the restroom mirrors and went to go find the love of his life.

Of course there was only one place she would really be considering she was the records keeper. Off Ed went to the Records Annex in hope of wooing his love. On getting to the room, he pushed his glasses up his nose before approaching the woman herself who was currently bent over sorting out some of the files.

"Miss Kringle," Ed said, making her jump.

"What?" Miss Kringle responded.

"The cupcake is sweet; the bullet is deadly. A beautiful woman is a dangerous thing," Ed told her his riddle explanation/poem that he had come up with. It did not go amiss to him that a small smile formed on Miss Kringle's face before she quickly pushed it away and looked at him in confusion.

"Uh, listen, I—" Miss Kringle stuttered, trying to find the right way to say what she wanted to say. "That is so... I don't—I don't even know what to say to that."

"Nygma, you perve, back off," Detective Tom Doughty said as he strutted into the room. "Can't you see the lady doesn't want you bugging her?"

"Hey there. Hey, now. Who's bugging who?" Ed asked nervously with a small chuckle. "I'm just—I'm just... what's green and then red? Frogs in a blender." Ed laughed at his riddle but he didn't notice the small smile that Kristin also had on her face at the riddle.

"Walk away, Nygma," Tom Doughty warned him, face set straight and showing no signs of humour. "Walk away."

"I am very sorry if I offended you, Miss Kringle. That was not my intention," Ed apologised, slowly backing up towards the door. But as he began to walk to the door, the sound of electricity humming around him got his attention. "Do you hear that?"

"Go," Doughty replied.

Ed looked around at the walls again before he walked out of the room, though it wasn't quick enough to miss Kristin telling Tom that "he is so weird". Shaking his head at his failure again, Ed had never been so sure that he needed little Gordon's help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just like had been arranged earlier that day, at six that evening Alfred pulled up outside Barbara's penthouse, a smile on his face. On his arrival, I couldn't help but give the British Butler a hug cause it had been far too long without seeing him and Bruce.

"You up there all alone, miss?" Alfred asked, glancing up at the building in front of him.

"Just me," I nodded.

"You shouldn't be alone for so long in one day. What does the detective say about this?" Alfred said as he opened the car door.

"I haven't been alone. Selina and Ivy have been staying with me for a while and as for my dad, well, he's working on that," I shrugged. "He told me that if he catches that electric guy then he'll be reinstated."

"How long does he have to catch him?" Alfred asked, pulling away from the curb.

Looking at the time on the screen in the car, my eyebrows furrowed with worry.

"Just over an hour," I told Alfred, nervously biting at my nail.

"I'm sure he'll do it, miss. Your father is good at catching the bad guys," Alfred assured me with a small smile.