Leaving Gotham 7.1

Third Person POV

The consequences of Jim's decision were now coming back to bite him in the ass. At the time it seemed smart, at the time it seemed right. Truth be told, Jim still would've done the same thing had he gone back in time to that day on the pier, but as soon as he had, he would have gotten Holly and Barbara on the next train out of Gotham. And the worst part was he had lied to them about it, he had the chance to protect them, tell them enough that would give them a needed amount of paranoia but he hadn't and now they were both going to pay for what he had done.

Montoya and Allen, realising their mistake, had let go of Jim and left the precinct, clearly ashamed and embarrassed. Jim hadn't waited a second before he rushed through to the locker-room and pulled out his phone. He tried calling Barbara, but she didn't answer. He tried calling Holly, she didn't answer. He called Barbara again and there was still no answer so he left her a message instead.

"Barbara, if you're at home, listen to me. I need you to get yourself and Holly out right now," Jim spoke into his phone. He then shut his locker and before he could say anymore, he was punched in the face by a pissed off Harvey and fell to the floor, dropping his phone in the process.

Harvey then took out his gun and pointed it directly at Jim, anger covering every inch of his face. Not feeling like being shot in the face, Jim held his hands up in surrender.

"I thought we were friends," Harvey said.

"Harvey—" Jim began, but Harvey was not having any of his shit, not today.

"Shut up. Game's over. Now I gotta kill you, take your body back to Falcone and beg—beg him for mercy!" Harvey yelled.

"Listen to me. I screwed up. But I have a plan to make things right. Don't kill me. Help me," Jim begged.

"You think I'm an idiot?" Harvey challenged.

"If you kill me, you know Holly will never forgive you," Jim reminded Harvey, hoping that whatever amount of care he had for her would be enough to help him see sense.

"And if I don't kill you, Holly won't have anyone to forgive cause we will both be dead!" Harvey countered.

Two cops then started to walk into the room, deep in conversation but seeing the scene in front of them, they hesitated.

"Walk away," Harvey warned them, his gun still pointed at Jim but he had turned his back on him. "Walk away."

Taking advantage of the distraction, Jim reached up and twisted the gun from Harvey's unexpectant hand. For good measure, and to ensure he didn't try anything else, Jim kicked Harvey's leg from underneath him, causing him to now be the one on the ground.

"Help me. We don't have to go out like this," Jim said, his eyes begging Harvey to see reason.

"You better hope you never see me again," Harvey replied.

Realising that Harvey was a lost cause, Jim nodded, picking up his phone from the floor and left the precinct. He would try and reach Barbara and Holly on the way home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holly POV

Out of all the scenarios that I thought would have happened this morning when I woke up, being held hostage in Barbara's penthouse was not one of them. Not even close.

We had just been finishing up packing so that when we figured out a way to help dad we could leave. As much as I wanted to stay in Gotham, I couldn't let my dad be arrested for a crime he didn't commit. I would always have to put him first even above my newfound friends. I'm sure they would understand. Well, they would understand if we actually had the chance to leave.