Joining the Investigation 5.4

A/N Ok, here it is. The promised second update and the last one of Viper.

Holly POV

Around one o'clock that afternoon, Alfred and Bruce arrived and we left basically straight away to avoid Barbara saying anything that could embarrass me. Alfred was wearing a black suit while Bruce wore a navy one. Good thing I decided to dress up.

We arrived at the building where the luncheon was and oh-my-God! It was soo fancy. Like not just fancy, as in fancy fancy. I followed Alfred and Bruce around the building, my mouth hanging slightly open at the luxury of this whole place.

"Do you go to these a lot?" I asked Bruce.

"I used to. I haven't been to one in a while," Bruce answered.

"What made you want to go to this one?" I asked.

Making sure no one else was listening in, Bruce muttered, "I've been looking into the Arkham vote and noticed that Wayne Enterprises may have given those gangsters the shares that they got."

"You mean, they helped Maroni win his part of the deal?" I clarified.

"That's what I think, but—" Bruce began, but Alfred cut him off.

"You need to find some sort of proof before you go around accusing anyone of anything," Alfred told him.

"So all that research that I've been doing counts for nothing?" Bruce challenged.

Alfred was saved from having to answer as we reached the lady that was letting people in.

"Name, please?" the hostess requested.

"He's Bruce Wayne. Master Bruce Wayne and his plus one is Miss Holly Gordon," Alfred told them.

They looked over at us and gave us both a small smile, one that I returned. They pointed over to the large room and instructed to go there and I immediately noticed that Bruce and I were the only kids there. Everyone else looked at least in their thirties and there were a couple of them that looked absolutely ancient.

Elegant classical music was playing in the background and there was a screen talking about what Wayne Enterprises was. A large crystal chandelier hung elegantly from the ceiling and the walls were covered with old paintings of even older people.

"This is so cool," I muttered excitedly to Bruce and Alfred, the latter giving me a smile.

"Excuse me, miss," someone said beside me.

I looked at them and they were carrying a tray of pretty flowers in small glass vases of water. The man himself had dark hair and a beard and he was wearing a white tux with a black bow tie.

"Oh, sorry," I apologised to him, moving to the side.

I looked over at the big screen playing some sort of PowerPoint and started to watch it.

"Wayne Enterprises is... a helping hand," the voice over on the tv said. "A port in the storm."

"Ah. That's Ms. Mathis. She worked closely with your father," Alfred told Bruce, gesturing over to a dark skinned woman in a royal blue suit.

Bruce started walking over to Ms. Mathis but stopped almost as quick and looked over at me.

"Wanna help?" Bruce asked.

"Yeah, ok," I agreed smiling, hoping I could finally play detective.

I walked beside Bruce over to the table Ms. Mathis was sitting alone at.

"Ms. Mathis?" Bruce asked, as we approached her. She looked up at us and immediately her face broke into a smile. "I wondered if we could have a word?"