Butler, Mate. I'm a Butler 10.1

It was the day after my food fight with Bruce and Selina and I was pleased that Selina and Bruce seemed to have hit it off well. I must admit, I did have my doubts at the start and it would have been more than slightly awkward if they hated each other considering Selina would be staying here for a while.

Speaking of Selina, the two of us were currently wandering around the mansion trying to spy out a certain brunette. I wondered in what way Selina would mess about with Bruce today. Even though I hadn't known her for long, I had a hunch that she nearly always had a plan.

We looked at the poolside first to see if Bruce was "training" again, hence our checking of the patio as well. If we saw Alfred on our hunt we intended to ask him, as I presumed he would know, it's Alfred after all, he knew basically everything that went on in this house.

After a while of looking around, I was more than a little bit surprised when we found Bruce on the first floor, well, halfway between first and second floor, unsteadily balancing on the banister. One slip up and he would fall face first onto the ground floor and... well, I didn't want to think about what would happen. Instinctively, I went to get him down, but Selina grabbed my forearm before I could.

"Hang on. I've an idea," Selina muttered to me before sauntering over to Bruce and joining him on the banister.

Shocked by the sudden presence of us, Bruce took a step back, slipping in the process. But as I went to grab onto his wrist in case he fell, he steadied himself and looked over at Selina.

"Keep it tight here," Selina instructed, gesturing to her stomach.

Bruce did as he was told and straightened his back, staring straight forward and visibly holding his breath. A few seconds later, Bruce was standing steadier and was barely shaking anymore.

"Better?" Selina smirked, knowing she had been right.

"Better," Bruce confirmed before jumping onto the floor beside me.

Selina jumped down onto my other side and we both watched as Bruce sat on a chair and put his shoes back on.

"You know, if you really wanna test yourself, you should come with me to the Midtown Bridge. You could come as well, Holly. If you're up for it, that is," Selina said, flinging her arm over my shoulders.

"You've climbed it?" I asked, glancing over at her.

"Yeah, right to the top," Selina confirmed with a proud smirk before she leant closer to my ear. "Kids go up there all the time to make out." I rolled my eyes but I couldn't help but smile at her. "I can take you guys up there."

"Okay," Bruce nodded.

"Yeah, I'd like that," I agreed.

"Let me ask you a question, Bruce," Selina said, but she never moved her arm from my shoulders. "What's up with all the weird homework about your mom and dad?"

"I'm trying to understand why it happened," Bruce answered.

"There's no why. Bad stuff happens. You—you gotta get over it," Selina said bluntly before she looked over at me. "Holly, how many times has your dad investigated a case where it has been a random killing?"

"A couple time, I guess," I shrugged, though I knew that Harvey and Dad hadn't been particularly lucky with getting random street killings as most of their investigations had led to something bigger, and I had a feeling that many of them had a slight link to the Wayne murders. I mean, it had been since the Wayne killings that crime had had a massive increase. Maybe that was like the catalyst that triggered this chain of events.

"Maybe you're right," Bruce sighed half-heartedly.

"Of course I'm right," Selina responded. She then leant more onto my shoulders as she smirked over at Bruce. "You wanna kiss me?"