Resolving and Confrontations 6.1

Third Person POV

Just like they had promised Holly, before Jim left for work on Monday morning, him and Barbara had a conversation about their relationship. Of course, they waited for Holly to leave for school before they did. The last thing they needed was Holly hearing after all they had put her through.

Ignoring the constant buzzing of Jim's phone that was sat on the table, Barbara looked at Jim intently as he leant up against one of the large windows that looked over the entire city.

"I'm not apologising for my past," Barbara started talking calmly.

"I'm not asking you to. Please just listen to me," Jim replied.

"No, you need to listen to what I have to say. I'm not asking you to walk away from this," Barbara corrected him.

"Really? It sounds like you are. And we keep going around and around. It's not healthy for any of us. And I keep telling you I don't have a choice. Barbara... this city, the law, the crime here, they're all twisted up in each other like a maze. I came here to be a cop... but this city needs something else," Jim explained, looking out of the window.

"It's okay. I understand. I'm just asking for one thing. Half of what you have to carry. God knows I've dumped my half on you, and you carry it," Barbara commented, making Jim look over at her.

"Barbara, what I'm dealing with, it's so dangerous," Jim told her.

"Half of what you carry," Barbara repeated. "If you think I care about the risk, then you're forgetting who I am."

"I swear I'm not," Jim shook his head. He then took a step closer to her. "Are we okay? Are we still fighting?"

"We're negotiating terms," Barbara gave him a small smile, making Jim smile back.

"That's not good for me," Jim replied.

"You tell me what you're up against... okay? You let me in. Then we're okay," Barbara said.

They then both heard Jim's phone buzz again for the tenth time that morning.

"That's work again," Jim sighed.

"Yep," Barbara muttered.

"I'll tell you everything. Everything I can. Okay? I'll make it right. For you and for Holly," Jim decided.

"Okay," Barbara nodded.

They shared a brief kiss before Jim grabbed his phone and things and finally left for work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holly POV

I don't know what it is about Mondays but I just hate them. It could be just the fact that it's the start of a whole new week of school or it could be because I have double science today. Ugh, science!

So as I walked to school, I had my earphones in, listening to a new song that Tanya had suggested the other day. It was called 'Glitter and Gold' by Barns Courtney. It was actually pretty good and I accidently found myself walking to the beat of it. Oops. But just as it got to the good bit, I heard someone calling my name, forcing me to take out my earphones and turn around to find the body of the voice.

I was slightly surprised when I saw Montoya and Allen from the MCU walking over to me. Montoya had a look of sheer determination on her face while Allen was trailing behind her with more hesitation.

"We need to talk," Montoya said to me, making me look at her in confusion.

"Okay? Can't it wait? I have to be in school in literally ten minutes," I told her, glancing down at my phone.