19

- awaken -

a lot of thanks to that magical kiss that baji gave to y/n in the dark or the other world or even the 'afterlife', they are awaken from the sleep that they didn't expect to be one week long.

so, did baji waited a whole week just for y/n to grab his hand? honestly, it was years in there but in the real world, it's a week.

two pairs of eyes shot open from those two patients. they feel like they are holding something in their hand just to see their hands are interlocked with each other. how long have they been holding hands?

since the day they got stabbed.

their gaze from the holding hands to meet their eyes. the bronze meets the e/c ones. a small smile appeared on them that only just a tear fall down on their cheek.

"as much as I wanna go back there but if shinichiro-kun meets me, he is gonna be mad at me for sure," y/n managed to talk but it sounded like a whisper. they are still wearing the oxygen mask but baji couldn't really heard what she said but he did heard the familiar name of the first generation of the black dragon's leader.

she wants to get up but she receives the pain that isn't letting her to get the fuck up from that bed.

"d-don't move, y/n," baji said, holding her hand tightly that captured her attention to him.

"looks like we're gonna stuck here for now.. can't even move," y/n stated and sighed heavily.

no, they are not paralyzed, don't worry. it's just taking the time to cure the pain. it is not always for people to survive a stab and expected it to get recovered immediately. no such stab can be recovered in just a second. unless they are in a magical world that could have a healing spell or potion to recover it in a second but nah, this is a life with no magic but only have the power of a time-leaper.

the sound of the door was heard, their eyes gazed to see the boy with dual-coloured hair and sandy eyes accompanied by a blond with dark eyes.

"oh? you guys are awake?" mikey asked.

"damn.. you guys didn't even let go of the hand since the day you guys got stabbed," kazutora pointed out as both of them taking their steps to sit on the chairs that is already prepared.

"shut up kazutora," baji scoffed but still not letting go of the hand. mikey went to the middle that gaped both of the beds. the gap between the beds isn't that big that's why they still managed to reach each other's hand. he broke the holding hands and then holds baji's hand on his right while y/n's hand on his left.

"we have known and been through shits together over the years.. I'm sorry that I despised the both of you for going against me," mikey murmured, his eyes looked down to the tiled floor. "I don't know what you guys were trying to accomplish at first but chifuyu have told me everything.. baji, I'm so sorry for making kisaki as the third division captain, I was eager to get pah-chin out," he added and pauses to take a deep breath. he's fighting his tears from falling down.

"y/n.. I'm sorry for not checking up on you and didn't know how you were doing that out of nowhere you appeared but turned against me. chifuyu at first thought you were manipulated by kisaki but turns out you were trying to get out from that hell... I'm sorry for not taking care of you the way you took care of me," mikey said, his grip on holding their hands grew tighter that just shows how sorry he is.