prologue

- night time -

slow paces through this dark and quiet street. the wind softly breezing the atmosphere. the trees only shakes a little by following the direction of the wind. y/n regretted herself that she decided to walk here all alone, solivagant. her brothers didn't even know that she went out at this time.

those footsteps of hers stopped when she felt someone is following her. she turned around but no such figure could be seen. she looked to her left but no one was there too.

out of the blue, an unknown person grabbed her wrist harshly from her right side that dragged her to the alleyway. y/n was about to scream but the person closed her mouth that she couldn't even breathe. she struggled herself to get off from that position.

one of her hand that is free, she took out a pocket knife that she always keep with her inside her pocket.

somehow, y/n didn't even realized where did she stabbed the unknown person.

the next thing she knew was that a pool of blood is right in front of her eyes and the person that she stabbed earlier is already dead, laying on the cold floor while she's holding the knife.

she gasped in shock that she didn't know how to react. she felt numb because she never killed somebody before.

this is her first time.

it could be called as a self-defense because the unknown person was trying to do something inappropriate to her.

y/n's e/c coloured eyes were widened.

'i killed somebody?' y/n thought.

"no.." she muttered shakily to herself, still holding the knife that is dripping some blood.

"hey," a voice called her from behind.

slowly, she turned around just to meet someone who has dark black hair and wearing spectacles.

"I can help you cover it up if you could work together with me," the person told her that their eyes is full of determination from what y/n could read. the dim light at this alleyway is what makes y/n could only see their eyes.

"u-uhm.. okay," she answered, not thinking straight.

"you can go home now. I'll cover it up and I'll see you around," the person informed y/n.

y/n didn't reply anything and rushed herself to get out of that place. her steps were so quick and she didn't even give a glance to look back at the person and the dead body.

'I killed somebody,' she keeps thinking that over and over again like non-stop ferris wheel ride. that thought is not leaving her mind — not even giving a millisecond for space.

as she reached home, y/n walked slowly to her room just to see that her clothes is full of blood. not her blood, the unknown person that she killed. she didn't want to wash it so she threw it away after taking it off.

the knife that she used to kill somebody just now, she placed it on the table.

'i should clean that knife,' her mind finally bringing back some senses to what she is supposed to do.

little did she know, the person that she made the deal with apparently changed her whole life like a ride to hell.

once a killer, always a killer.