03

- sneak out -

may 2003 (still the time before toman is created)

the night for tonight is surprisingly peaceful. the h/c haired female's focus is at the outside of her room, just the dark colour of the sky fulfil the night, well obviously because it is night time. somehow, she couldn't sleep no matter how many times she changes her sleeping position, it wasn't helping her to sleep at all.

"that's it, I'm going out," y/n told herself and got up from her bed. she put on her hoodie as she already wearing her sweatpants. she is not a fan of wearing shorts or skirts even if it is at home or outside. she find it uncomfortable if she wears it to go out.

her brothers are not even here to be with her. both of them were sent to juvie after they fought the leader and vice leader of roppongi kyougoku. they took too far about the fight until the event is called 'roppongi battle of the ashes.' she didn't mind about it, to be honest.

though some people looks at her weirdly at school and she managed to shrug it off. she's in the same school as baji so that didn't mind her at all.

she got out of the apartment, an apartment that she shares with an aunt. the aunt also takes care of her financially. this is a reality life not fantasy that money could just come from the sky or naturally from the tree.

she locks it and placed the keys in her pocket, she puts on her shoes and the first ting that comes in her mind is, the raven haired boy with bronze coloured eyes, not to forget, his natural fangs. she decided to go to his place as they live in the same building but different floor.

what feels like a minute because of the distance, y/n knocked on the door. 'shit, his mother could be sleeping by now and I'm only disturbing them,' she thought just right after she knocks. speaking of moment of realization just hit in her sense.

but in a few seconds after her knock, the door was opened to reveal the boy that is always in her mind 24/7.

"oh you, y/n," baji muttered in a whisper and lower his hand that was holding the knife. he was prepared just in case it was a burglar. to think of it, a burglar won't knock on the door to get inside the house.

"I'm not here to kidnap or steal anything but... do you want to sneak out with me?" y/n didn't hesitate to ask because it's her plan the moment she got out of the apartment. oh how she didn't realize she managed to say it without stuttering.

baji's bronze eyes widened in surprise to her 'surprise invitation' and he doesn't want to lose this opportunity to spend the time with her. sure, after all these times they have been spending the time together but it was always interrupted by y/n's brothers or mikey's sudden change of plans.

spending their own alone time together is what they rarely having. they would always steal glances and talk to each other when they have the chance to. those little things of his like his favourites and the sudden thrill of him makes her butterflies in the stomach. meanwhile, those little things of hers like her favourites and the sudden thrill too is what makes the butterflies in his stomach.

so, it's not even one-sided.. what is taking them so long to confess?

"sure, let's have a ride with my bike," baji suggested and y/n replied with a nod. his figure disappeared to grab the keys.

"ah yes, your goki is the best in tokyo!" y/n cheered but her voice is still in a whisper. 

during the ride..

"wooohhhhh! we're just 12, baji keisuke! can you believe that?!" y/n said cheerfully when baji continues to ride the bike down the streets.  the roaring sound of his bike rings in their ears. both of her arms are raised to the air and not even holding baji's waist which made him a little disappointed.