07

- okay -

it was already in the afternoon of the first day of the weekend but the h/c haired girl isn't waking up from her bed yet. her brothers were concern about it but they didn't dare to disturb her sleeping. it is saturday, and y/n is usually up early in the morning to go and meet her friends in shibuya.

but that's the thing, she didn't.

her elder brothers were suspecting her sudden change of behaviour. she always refused to eat these days and skipped school for two days already just to lay in bed. hell, she even rarely goes out of the room.

well, no one knows the answer except y/n herself. she didn't tell her brothers about what happened days ago that night time. she would tell them but she was overthinking about their reaction. well, her brothers are considered killers too because of the event 'roppongi battle of the ashes' so what is the difference of her and her brothers?

she wanted to remove that image of the dead body in her head, but she couldn't.

she is now a killer and she thinks that she won't hesitate to do it again. she felt numb but she just needed the time to process her mind. she didn't realized where did she stabbed the person. was it neck? stomach? heart? it felt like that wasn't her doing the killing. it wasn't even adrenaline rush. she felt a total different person when she did that.

a soft knock from the door was heard. y/n is actually wide awake but she is hugging her knees close to her. her position and mind state could say that she is being crazy when she is just processing.

processing what, exactly?

processing the fact that how did she had the urge to kill somebody without even realizing it and snapped to reality right after she did so.

although the word 'kill' always comes out from people's mouth but would they actually do it? some yes some don't because all bark and no bite as actions speaks louder than words. y/n have said the word 'kill' many times too but she never done it. this is the first time she never said that word to somebody but ended up killing them.

slowly, she got up from her bed and headed towards the door. y/n didn't want to face her brothers but at the same time, she doesn't want to worry them. as she opens, reveals both of her brothers that has a deadly worried look on their faces - she could tell it.

"what?" she spoke lazily.

"y/n, you're not okay- you didn't visit your friends today and it's saturday," rindou spoke first and ran only cleared his throat. he literally stating the obvious of the whole action that she have shown. she knew it would be obvious but seriously, can you believe a girl at this age would have the urge to kill somebody? she can't even tell her brothers about it who are killers too.

"I'm okay, stop worrying," she answered, waving her hand to assure them that she's 'okay'.

"but well, somebody is looking for you and I'm not sure if that is your friend because I've never seen him before," the eldest haitani added to not waste anymore time and didn't want to make that person in the living room waiting.

"fine," she replied and stepped out of her room.  oh how she felt ages since she got out of her room. taking her steps to the living room just to see a guy wearing spectacles. 'I feel like I've seen him before,' y/n thought to herself, trying to recall the memory of this guy by his eyes.

but then, she receives bad vibes from him just the aura in this living room could state how obvious this is.

she cleared her throat to gain the guy's attention which apparently worked as he heard it.

"haitani y/n, pleasure to meet you," he said and gave her a smile. honestly, she wanted to vomit just to see that smile from him.

"and you are?" she questioned, raised an eyebrow.

"kisaki tetta."

'so he was the guy that I met that horrifying night. he was the guy that helped me to cover the person's death,' y/n spoke in her mind, connecting the dots.

"oh.. the deal uh- are you asking me to do something for you?"

"yes."

Baji's POV

it is already in the afternoon but no sight of the familiar girl that I'm in love with can be seen. I have arrived at the sano living too early that emma even had to wake mikey up because of my arrival.

"mikey.. I have a bad feeling about this," I muttered loud enough for mikey who is beside me, munching his dorayaki heard it.

"same... y/n should have arrived way earlier but it is already afternoon. she didn't even came to visit us on wednesday too," mikey added.

"should we just go to roppongi just to visit her? I mean, it was always her that comes to visit us and it's unfair that we didn't do the same," I suggested but that only made this blond here widened his eyes like he couldn't believe what I just said.

"I agree but no.. I have to meet draken and mitsuya now," mikey told and got up from where he sat.

"then I'll just meet chifuyu," I said and got up as well.

"you know.. I was already disappointed that she didn't celebrate this year's new year with us. she spent it with her brothers," mikey said in his serious tone.

it was true. all of us — me, mikey, draken, mitsuya, chifuyu, smiley, angry, hakkai, pah-chin and peh-yan celebrated new year at the beach. I tried to invite her to celebrate with us but y/n told it's her time to celebrate with her brothers because they were separated for two years. her brothers went to juvie because of what happened. it was her chance to have the time with her brothers.

"well, you can't be mad about it. she already spent it every single year with us and it is her chance with her brothers this time so she couldn't just lose the opportunity for it," I defended her. I was spilling the truth and mikey can't be mad at me for that.

"of course you would defend her," mikey said sarcastically and his tone was cold. "but I hate that you're right," he added but a chuckle escaped my lips.

later then, we separated our ways and I arrived at chifuyu's place.

"baji-san! did y/n-san came?" chifuyu asked. his green eyes were full of hope to know about the e/c eyes girl. something inside me doesn't feel right that my heart is beating so fast that could be heard in my eardrums.

"no.. she didn't," I answered, a disappointment is obviously hinted on my face and voice.

"well, that's weird," chifuyu muttered and I couldn't agree more.

something isn't right.

~~~

author's pov

"you understood the plan?" the guy with the spectacles asked her when she has been observing his plan. it's like from a to z then 1 to endless for y/n processes the whole plan.

"of course I understood," y/n replied and rolled her eyes.

y/n felt weird. why did this guy chose these specific dates? she already knew that this guy is in moebius gang that osanai leads and has a partner as well, his name is hanma shuji. at least she knows his objective is to be the number one deliquent but she is unsure what is the actual reason from doing all of this? why does he sound so desperate to be number one delinquent?

something in her is telling that this guy is bad news, based on his plan. something in her is telling that she must go against this guy silently. she doesn't care if he will kill her if she silently trying to stop his plans but this whole shit, she realized that her friends are going to be in danger.

based on his plans, he wanted those people to be 'eliminated' that could only get in his way. somehow, it isn't him doing the killing. he isn't the type to use his own hands to kill somebody.

and realization hits her after connecting all the possible dots, 'he wants to use manjiro.'

///

let the game begins!