05

- changes -

a lot of things have changed.

after the eldest sano's death, things became gloomier than ever. even if they managed to smile but still the feeling of emptiness and sadness is still inside of them. one went to juvie and the other is under house arrest for a moment. things went with misunderstanding and conflict.

well, you already know how that all happened so i shouldn't be describing more of it because how painful it is to go through. it is not easy to move on after someone that you know dearly apparently died and whenever we were told to move on, we have to think about the death's perspective and that's when we would think rationally.

a month after shinichiro's death, y/n keeps visiting emma, mikey and grandpa sano. y/n saw that emma keeps crying and as usual, she would lend a shoulder for the youngest sano to cry on. y/n would be emma's comfort which is one of the reason that she comes to the sano living every day.

y/n watches the youngest sano fell into a deep sleep, little did she know the brother is watching them from the gap of the door. all those days that she visited the sano living, she had never seen the blond cried. it's like he hides those feeling of emptiness or he just hates crying in front of anyone. he fought those tears as he takes his steps slowly away from emma's room.

y/n got out of the room immediately and saw the blond walking with his back facing her. she didn't hesitate to approach the blond and hugs him right away.

"don't you consider this you're cheating on baji?" mikey muttered as he made it sounded like a joke. he was surprised that y/n came up to him just to hug out of nowhere when it's usually mikey himself do it to her. when she realized he didn't do it as often as usual, she had to be the one to do it.

"idiot, I'm only hugging you," y/n told him as he pats her head from the back and hugs her. "you're like a brother to me, manjiro," she told him with the seriousness in her voice.

'it's true what baji said, she has the power to comfort others,' mikey thought to himself, even recalled the moment that baji said it when they were just kids having a dojo class.

"you really have the power to comfort people, don't you?" mikey blurted out before he could even let it stay in his damn mind and started to curse every single foul words in his mind after he realized what he said.

"I don't even know I have it," y/n said casually. then, she remembers that she bought dorayaki for him earlier and uses her hand to take it from the pocket of her hoodie. mikey let go the hug and eyes widened when he saw the favourite food of his is right in front of his eyes.

"now open your mouth and I'll feed you this," y/n told him and he followed her instruction. he opens the mouth to welcome the dorayaki that she bought. a wide smile appear on his face and she couldn't remember when was the last time she saw him smiling this wide.

in the meantime, y/n was spacing out..

"y/n? y/n?" mikey called out to her when he noticed her spacing out and the dorayaki that was in her hand apparently vanished as mikey ate it all.

"h-huh? oh woah I knew that dorayaki would be a brilliant idea," y/n said out of nowhere when she noticed the dorayaki is gone.

"y/n.. you were spacing out," mikey informed that had her to blink eyes a few times.

"no I wasn't," y/n defended herself but mikey could read her lie.

"what's wrong, y/n?" he questioned her as he dragged her to his room.

they sat on his bed and y/n let out an audible sigh, her eyes focused on her hands like she couldn't make a decision which path she would go for.

mikey's dark eyes looks at her side profile, an eyebrow raised as he waits patiently to get the answer from her. although they treat each other as siblings, but not everything they shared together. it's just them being stubborn not to open up.

there are just things we preferred to keep inside us instead of telling somebody.

but seems like he asked and it is better to tell the truth instead of lying, that should go well. she doesn't like lies, who does though? nobody in this damn world likes a lie unless it is to save themselves. the word 'lie' is an emotionally and mentally brutal action.

"I'm moving to roppongi with my brothers once they are out of juvie."

as he heard that, he swears and wishes that he was deaf so he couldn't hear it. it's not that bad of news because it is something to be expected that she used to mention how she wanted to live with her brothers in roppongi but then she fell in love with the raven haired boy, baji keisuke and the memories she made in shibuya throughout the years that made a sudden change of heart.

"but you would still visit us, right?" mikey questioned. "and.. when are they getting out of juvie?" he added.

y/n faced the blond to meet his dark eyes and gave him a smile, "of course I will. didn't you say that you wanted to change the garage into your room and I agreed to help you with it? they will be out of juvie next year," she said and ruffles his hair.

mikey froze at her sudden action because y/n rarely plays with other's hair except emma's but that would only because of their playing moment. "I don't even remember the last time you did that," mikey blurted out again before he could stop it.

"well, your hair is a mess so I made it messier but hold on," she said and got up from mikey's bed to get a comb and a hair tie.

as she got it from the table, she sat behind mikey and started combing his messy blond hair.

"ouch!" he whined. "how did you and emma deal with this?!" he complained but the girl behind him just keep quiet and not answering him.

after few minutes of combing his hair, she tied up the front hair and brought it to the back. his hair will grow longer if he don't cut it.

"now go look at yourself at the mirror," she told him and made his way to the small mirror that he have in the drawer.

"woah did you really did that and is that really me?" mikey said as he looked into the mirror. his eyes are still widened in shock and his lips formed into an 'o' shape. 

"both," she answered and let out a chuckle. "ask draken to do that hairstyle next time. I'm not here everyday but he will," y/n added and the next thing she knew mikey approached to her and gave her a hug.

"thank you, y/n."

"no problem, mikey."