(22. Emma)

Luckily today we had the day off work so I slept in late. I felt really sore when I woke up so I made my way to the bathroom to check how my chest was doing. Jay was still sleeping next to me. I looked in the mirror and lifted up my shirt seeing the bruise in my chest had doubled in size and was really red, when I touched it it was really painful but I didn't want to worry Jay so I didn't say anything.

I put on a bra and one of Jay's shirts before making my way to the kitchen and starting to make some breakfast. I was flipping a crepe on the stove when I felt Jay behind me bringing his arms under my arms and wrapping them across my chest.

I hissed in pain and he quickly pulled his hands away. "What's wrong?" He asked me worried.

"It's nothing, just the bruise from Spencer, it's still a little sore, sorry," I told him turning and serving the crepes on two plates I had set on the counter.

"You sure you don't need to go get that checked out?" Jay asked me, with his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

"No, don't worry about it, it's just a bad bruise," I reassured him, not telling him breathing still hurt.

I quickly ate my crepe. "You going somewhere?" He asked me noticing I was rushing.

"Yep, Trudy asked me to meet her, she's worried about the wedding and the budget so she asked me to come check something out. I'll be gone for a couple of hours but I'll try to be quick." I said running over to give him a kiss before going to the bedroom to change.

______

Trudy told me that her dad, kinda my Grandpa had come by to have dinner with Mouch and her last night, letting them know that he was broke and wouldn't be able to pay for the wedding. Trudy was kind of freaking out not only because of the wedding but because she was worried about her dad.

"Hey, he'll be fine, he's a tough guy. And the wedding will be perfect, doesn't matter how much money we have to work with." I tried reassuring Trudy.

"I don't know Honey, I had this whole thing planned and now it's looking like we'll have to get married on the side of the street." She told me bummed out.

"I'm sure we'll think of something. Now c, mon let's start making cuts and see what we can salvage from your dream wedding." I encouraged her.

Just as I suspected going through Trudy's wedding planner and budgeting everything out took a couple of hours. It was already night when I got a text on my phone.

Jay💍: When are you getting home?

You: I'm almost done, I'll be home in 20, I'll pick us up some dinner

Jay left me on read and I thought he was mad. I said my goodbyes to Trudy before driving to Jay's favorite burger place and picking us up some dinner before heading home.

I made my way upstairs and I opened the door to see a girl, just wearing one of my shirts and panties. I felt my heart sink "Who are you?"

"I'm Emma." She giggled. "I was here with that hot man...Halstead, I think he said his name was." she giggled again. "I'm actually waiting for him." She plopped down on the couch.

It took everything in me not to go over and drag this girl out of my apartment but instead, I dropped everything that was in my hands and grabbing a jacket from the coat hanger next to the door.

"y/n?" I heard Jay's voice.

"Get your stuff and get the hell out of my house before I come back." I turned around and walked out.

"What? Wait! It's not what it looks like. Put some god damn clothes on!" I heard him yell but I kept walking.

I took my phone out and dialed Kelly as I went to the elevators, the elevator was taking too long so instead, I opted for running down the stairs.