Chapter 33

"Are you two god damn kids?" Nicholas said in annoyance as he came down the stairs leading into the living room where Mason and Henry were fighting over the TV remote. Ajax was cooking breakfast for everyone and Milly was talking to Roxanne at the dinning table waiting for their food. "Why is the human even here so early in the morning? Plus, shouldn't... he be out of the house already? I know we have a few pack members living in the pack house but that's usually while they are getting jobs to collect money to move into their own space. Shouldn't he have moved out by now? Plus, why the hell do I have to live with the little runt who won't pledge himself to me?" Nicholas asked, glaring at the red head who flinched under his gaze.

That gave Henry the chance he needed to snatch the remote who let out a victorious "HA!" before he was tackled to the ground. "Hey!" Henry yelped.

"I think they're cute. Makes me wonder if my little one will be so childlike and cheery," Roxanne said with a giggle, rubbing her belly and smiled when Nicholas shot her a glare.

"Traitor," Nicholas growled under his breath when he turned as he heard a loud thud from the bickering boys on the floor. Mason had been knocked over onto his back against the couch who was wrestling for the remote. "Stop fighting over the stupid remote!" Nicholas snapped, startling both boys when Henry turned and openly glared at him for a moment. Mason looked fearful for a split second before his eyes began to glow a bright brilliant blue. Mason's fear turned into a fierce glare and he looked annoyed, rolling his eyes like an angsty teenager, before Mason was suddenly back to wrestling for the remote with Henry who was up for the challenge. "Did you see that! He's openly defying me! Kick him out if he's going to act like that," Nicholas snapped, turning to his father who was openly ignoring him but instead whistling a tune while he cooked.

"Out of the house or out of the pack?" Roxanne asked curiously, both her and Milly unphased by the sudden outburst. Almost amused, by the small smiles they were trying to hide behind cups of juice they were sipping from to tide them over until food was ready.

"Both, preferably," Nicholas hissed, clearly annoyed, but could tell no one intended to listen to him so he, for the time being giving Mason a longing glare of his shoulder, let it go and moved to sit with his mother and friend. "Anything fun happen while I was away, other then the baby to be obviously?" Nicholas asked, reaching over and put a hand on his mother's belly feeling a kick against his hand.

"Just put your hand on other people's stomachs. No need to ask," Roxanne said sarcastically, clearly in a mood but she looked away toward the living room where the boys were still tumbling about giving the two a semblance of privacy.

"Well, other than Mason's arrival... A couple of people had children, Robert Hasher's leg finally healed back completely, we made a few more alliances with other packs, and... we got to see Alpha Cortez and his Luna, Maria, during their mating ceremony before they went for their small honeymoon ceremony," Milly said as she counted everything off on her fingers, trying really hard to think about what had happened for them during his absence. "Also..." Milly trailed off and looked guilty suddenly, turning to look away from her son who gave her a suspicious stare.

"Mom. Why are you acting like that?" Nicholas asked and it looked like he had a suspicion as what it could be.

"Nothing," Milly said, staring intently at the wall.

"Mother," Nicholas said and reaching over, turning his chair around by the arm until his mother was looking at him again. "Please don't tell me she..."

"You're so called 'mate" has sent all manner of message to us on many occasions," Ajax piped up, bringing over heaping plates of food to the table calling the boys away from the TV.