Chapter 30

"Where did he go?" Milly asked as she peered into her sons room, rubbing her belly worriedly as she looked up at Ajax who was rubbing her trying to comfort her.

"He said he'd be back later tonight and I'm choosing to trust him. Lets have some faith," Ajax said and guided her back downstairs where Mason and Henry were currently sitting on the couch talking to one another.

"I can't believe you actually rebelled. I'm so proud of you! Your my hero," Henry said, hugging Mason's head to his chest who was trying to squirm away from him trying to breathe.

"Air.... not coming... Neck... breaking!" Mason gasped, struggling, before his head finally popped free and he went tumbling off the couch onto the floor. "I can't even believe I really did that. I don't even know what I was doing before I was doing it," Mason admitted, grabbing onto his head when Henry tackled him from behind.

"Looks like your wolf took over for you," Ajax said when he and Milly reached the ground floor, coming over to sit on the couch as the two boys turned to look over at him curiously.

"What do you mean 'take over'?" Henry asked when he noticed the confused look on Mason's face as they both peered curiously up at the alpha who chuckled. "Why are you confused? Shouldn't you know more about this werewolf nonsense since you are, in fact, a werewolf?" Henry said, exasperated, which had Mason chuckling nervously tucking a loose red hair from his face as he blushed slightly.

"I-I'm still not entirely ready to talk about past stuff," Mason started, getting Ajax and Milly's attention though they didn't comment. "The thing is, I wasn't exactly taught much cause since... I sort of left my pack at a young age. I know I can turn into a wolf, what a pack is, and the stations we all have whether it be rouge or pack members, but I don't know about any of this 'take over' stuff. What's taking over?" Mason said, the question directed at Ajax and Milly who were smiling down at him like parents getting ready to educate their child.

"Time for a lesson on werewolves," Ajax said with a grin, Milly giggling as she rubbed her belly and cooed at her bump.

"You listening too, little one?" Milly asked while Ajax stood and disappeared down the hall next to the stairs to his study, coming back with a little colorful children's book. "Oh! She kicked which means she's listening. I told you they can hear me when they're in there," Milly said and was beaming ear to ear even as Ajax rolled his eyes and muttered it was just a coincidence before plopping back down beside Milly in front of the boys sitting on the floor. "Do you really need that book?"

"I don't see why not. Plus, it could help," Ajax said with a shrug as he opened the book to the first page, showing the boys the picture inside. On one side was a small boy with blond hair who appeared to be beaming at them. The other page had a small brown wolf rolled over onto its back kicking it's legs out and appeared to be playing. "As you know, a werewolf is half human and half wolf. A being that can shift between the two at will. Many humans feared us because of this because... well, we were half beast and that was terrifying for them. We can be ferocious when we need to be, of course, but werewolves are actually a very misunderstood race seen as angry beings. There are those of us who use our strength to overpower each other and the humans but majority of us are peaceful types, wanting to live in peace just like any other creature on the planet. We are strong and mighty but, at least for my pack, we're just like any other human society just with more canines," Ajax said as he flipped the page to show another picture of a half human wolf hybrid, a wolf with the man of a body. "But, did you know our wolf, our other half, has its own consciousness?"

"It does!?" both boys cried out in shock, looking over at one another in amazement before looking back toward the book as Ajax turned the page to reveal the small wolf smiling up at them with a toothy grin and a wagging tail.