Chapter 11

Mason opened his eyes and let out a little yawn, smacking his lips together and looked around him with a deep, slightly annoyed, frown on his face. Around him were thin stiff wire bars that cages him within plastic tray that still smelled of the bark that had once been laid out here for the hamster that used to live here but there was a single pee pad sheet on the ground which, regretfully, Mason had to use who felt really embarrassed about it. Inside the cage were a few hamster intended devices; a spinning wheel for hamsters to run on, a tunnel for them to burrow in, a big bird nest looking thing with soft tissue at the bottom for bedding, and a long tube thing that the hamster was supposed to suck water from. Thankfully, Ajax wasn't too heartless who had let Milly put two small plastic bowls inside that had water and small cuts of preserved jerky which Mason was trying to ration since he wasn't entirely sure how long they'd keep him trapped in this cage for but there was already only three slices left which concerned Mason slightly.

Mason had found himself in the large pack house garage, many towels and cloth stuffed under the garage door leading into the house to block out most of Mason's rouge smell, inside of an old hamster cage one of the inhabitants, a young werewolf girl who had gotten her hamsters a bigger cage, who had been left in here since Ajax and Milly had arrived home last night and so far had only seen the inside of the garage and a glimpse of the hallway leading into the main part of the house. All that was in the garage was some junk in boxes, a few cars since it was a long garage that could fit the six cars that were already parked inside, and quite a few spiders that were freaking Mason out a bit when they drew near the cage but he tried to keep himself calm for the most part.

"How long do they intend to keep me in here?" Mason wondered, considering the possibility they forgot him in here. He hadn't heard anything from anywhere in a long time, except some squeaking from some mice and chirping morning birds outside the big garage doors, which could just be because the walls between the house and the garage were incredibly soundproof that Mason couldn't even hear either the alpha or luna after Ajax had closed to door behind him, leaving Mason locked inside the hamster cage which Milly was highly against doing.

"You can't lock him in there all night!" Milly snapped, smacking Ajax on the arm when he'd tucked Mason inside and closed the cage door on him even as Mason pawed at it in alarm.

"It's either this or the cells. Which would you prefer? Unless you'd rather have me or someone else rip him into pieces, limb by-"

"Alright! I get it. Geez! That alpha persona gets really annoying sometimes," Milly grumbled, marching inside like an irritated teen with a Ajax followed behind her who had given Mason one long lingering glance over his shoulder before closing the door on the boy who was left in total darkness.

Mason could see light pouring in through cracks in the garage door, a show that it was sometime early in the morning, when Mason could hear distant voices approaching the house from outside the garage which both gave him hope to get out of this infernal cage but also fear.

The fear of what they could do to him...

"Why does the pack meeting have to be so god damn early in the morning!?" a young voice, someone probably around Mason's age, whined loudly as the sound of two... no, three pairs of footsteps could be heard getting closer and closer to the house which was making Mason more nervous.

"Shut up or someone will hear you!" a second voice hissed, this one feminine and sounded like the nervous type as she muttered a prayer under her breath to the Moon Goddess.

"You know why we're waking up early and it's all your fault," a third, male, voice snapped and a low growl could be heard as they got closer and closer to the house which had Mason hiding within the hamster nest.