Chapter 16: The Night of Union

Please listen to 'A Thousand Years Pt. 2' by Vitamin String Quartet for this chapter. Consider this the only time I will be writing this. No mature content but I do give my warning here.

*****

The main hall changed in the few minutes that Sophie and Caspian went outside. The centre of the floor was cleared up as the two of them ran towards the centre while everyone cheered. Flower petals reigned on them as they took a few steps back and he bowed down like a gentleman and she bowed her head down to honour the first time that they met each other. He understood her reference and laughed.

The music started to play and he placed his hand on her waist. Sophie held his right hand and left shoulder and they started to dance. Only when the troupe increased the pace did she realise what song they were playing.

Her mouth fell open. "I know, I should have asked you." Caspian said. "But the look on your face right now is priceless." He leaned in closer. "And I wouldn't have missed it for the world."

Sophie's eyes started to tear up. The Narnian troupe was playing 'A Thousand Years Pt. 2' by Christine Perri and Steve Kazee, her favourite song of all time, and it was the top song in the wedding playlist that she had made on Spotify. She rested her cheek on his shoulder. "I don't believe this."

Caspian spun her around and dipped her to the ground, but had a close hold on her. "I know that you've been quite silent about whatever has happened and...." He smiled. "I thought you needed a reminder that you are loved."

Her eyes melted. "Oh Caspian!" She kissed him, holding his face in her hands, but for her, she was holding her world in her hands. "I love you more than anything in the world." Caspian's face softened when he looked at her. He started to wipe the tears from her eyes and the surprising part was that he didn't even hurt the make up. "Ever thine, ever mine-"

"Ever ours."

And so, they had their first dance as husband and wife.

Right at that time, a shower of light pink rose petals fell on them. Caspian and Sophie looked at the shower and then at each other. He lifted her off the ground and spun her around. They rested their forehead against each other and other people started to join the dance floor.

Caspian and Sophie started to go around the room to thank everyone for coming. They didn't have to do it but it was plain courtesy. They had to split up at one point to cover more people in the crowds that were forming. And among that crowd, Lady Daniels hugged her instantly. "Congratulations, Your Majesty!"

"Thank you, Arya!" It was so good to see her there. "Why aren't you on the dance floor? Hasn't anyone asked you yet?"

She waved her hand down. "I'm a little tired. Besides, I don't think I'll find anyone who will want to dance with me."

Sophie gaped at her. "What are you talking about! You're a gorgeous, hard-working woman. If I had met you before Caspian, I would have courted you right there. I know, not something I should say on my wedding but it's true!" Right then, her gaze fell upon a certain eligible bachelor who was standing alone as if he didn't fit in with the crowd. "Excuse me for one minute."

"Sophie, no-"

She did not let Arya stop her. Sophie walked over to the tall gentlemen and patted his shoulder. "Sorry I couldn't ask you for a dance tonight."