Chapter 10: Talk of a Toddler

It was time for the last of the furniture to shift to Cair Paravel overlooking the Great Sea. Apart from the ones that were getting left behind, everything else was being moved to the new castle. It might have seemed stingy on the King and Queen's part but the Telmarine Castle wasn't going to be empty, for this was where the new meetings with the Council were going to take place with the Fae. New furniture made its way in at the same time and were guided to the right place for them to be set up at.

Sophie was finally allowed to help and a lot of memories flooded her when a familiar Italian-accented voice made her next job be known. "My my, Your Majesty! Who knew that we might meet again for a crown?"

"Hi, Alessandro!" The two of them walked into a room where he showed her the final crown. He pulled it out and placed it on her head to check the measurements. "All okay?"

"All okay. I only need to adjust a few of the beads but it is picture perfect!"

The crown was exactly how Sophie wanted it to be. It was simple and elegant, yet it sent a statement to all who opposed it. 

Alessandro was glad that the Queen hadn't spent an entire day selecting the designs. The key to it was simple and easy. Sophie simply had to accept it. It may have also been because she wasn't under an obligation to do anything. Her coronation was a certain pressure from the council that she couldn't decline even if she wanted to. But it wasn't a forceable event either. It was her way of being a part of Narnia. It was necessary.

Next was the royal painter - Master Kanumba. He was a very very patient man who set up his work at the garden that Caspian's mother maintained. Caspian and Sophie were asked to dress up normally and show up for once, now that they couldn't dodge the questions of the portrait anymore. They stood next to each other, arms looped together while trying not to crack jokes.

"Knock knock," Caspian whispered.

Sophie rolled her eyes. "Who's there?"

"A broken pencil."

"A broken pencil who?"

He sighed. "Never mind. It's pointless."

She snickered, receiving a side glare from Master Kanumba. "Sorry, Master."

"Another joke, my lionheart?" Caspian whispered.

She poked him in the ribs. "Shush."

Everything was set. The shifting was done and that time, Caspian and Sophie went to Cair Paravel to oversee the works there. The furniture was being set up at the designated locations while Caspian showed her around once more. "This could be the art gallery," he beckoned around the room that they stood in.

"Where paintings that are not mine will be hung."

He hugged her from behind, linking his arms around her stomach. "We could show your paintings. This could be the Sophie Adams room," he whispered near her ear. "The room at the end of the corridor will be your art room. No one will disturb you there. Not even me."

"Not even you?"

"No, love."

Sophie smiled. He was really trying to make them settle in. She turned around and hugged him, wrapping her hands around his waist. "You could visit whenever you want."

He let out a sigh of relief. "I could finally see you paint then."

The two of them walked the other corridors when Sophie stood in front of one particular empty room. Caspian was instructing someone about the chandeliers while she walked into one room that seemed to draw her in. It was a medium-sized room; quite airy. The windows were compact and weren't too long nor too short. There was a door that seemed to lead to another room and when she walked through it, she realised that they were adjoining rooms of the same size.