Chapter 15: Home, A Place Where I Can Go

"Aslan?" Sophie called out. "Things are going to change around here, aren't they?"

"They will, my dear. But you must always be prepared for change. Your life hasn't been the same since your stars decided to change their course when you were born."

"Will I ever see you again?" All her unanswered questions, though reduced, were still in the deepest part of her mind.

"You will," he affirmed. "But the next time that we meet, it will be a happy occasion." He assured them but a sorrow filled His voice. If He could tell them what to be careful of, He would. But this was their lives and free will would always be the truth. It was up to them to make their decisions.

"Thank you," Caspian told Him. "For bringing Sophie back."

"I must say that I was not expecting both of your journeys to entwine with each other." He chuckled. "Bless you, dear ones. Love each other and cherish your time together. Now, I must be getting back and so must you."

Sophie nodded. "Shall we?" She asked Caspian.

"We shall." 

But when they turned to thank Him, the Lion had already left.

The journey back was mostly a silent one. "They were our family," Sophie spoke as the two of them rowed back to the ship.

"They are," Caspian corrected her.

"They've changed my life in many ways. Thanking them will never be enough."

"Now, we have each other."

"We have a lot of things to think about." 

"Let's keep that for tomorrow."

She smiled. "Lets."

The two of them announced to the crew that they were engaged, and once again, the crew members knelt in front of them. "Long live King Caspian and Legacy Sophie!" Sahil was the first to shout.

"Long live!" The others joined him.

The next few months, Sophie spent her time getting to know the crew members and the people that they had saved from Olivis' control. Music still prevailed on long nights where all of them would dance and sing. Once they reached the shores of Telmar after visiting the Lone Islands first, Sophie thanked every crew member personally while Caspian took care of the unloading of the ship. 

"Please enjoy the time with your family! Thank you very much!" She told them as she looked at the unloading of the ship. All their luggage and weapons were unloaded and reloaded in a wooden cart.

"Sophie?" Caspian called out her name as he looked at the cart.

"Is everything okay?" She asked him as she stood next to him.

"We found this along with the other packs." Caspian pointed to the duffle bag among the other packs.

"My bag!" Sophie exclaimed as she opened it up. "It is mine! When did this happen?" She had been certain that she was never going to see her belongings again.

"I'm not sure that I have the answer to that question, my lionheart." Sophie blinked at that nickname. "Should I not have-"

Sophie shook her head. "No, I love it."

"Are you happy?"

She put her hands around his neck as she turned to face him. "With you here? Sure! I can't wait to go home though."

"I like that word. Home."

"Things are going to change around here."

"Narnia has always been better with a Son of Adam and a Daughter of Eve on the throne. History has proved that."